Tidings; Good or Ill

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ibwebb

Tidings; Good or Ill

Post by ibwebb »

First let me apologies if someone has already started a topic for this, but I scanned through the 22 pages and didn't see one.

In this scenario Gerrick and an Elven archer need to get to the Northern part of the map. Gerrick is going back to deliver a message. Neither can die, but about every turn 2-4 new enemies show up and they all target in on Gerrick. There seems to be no place to stop and heal and I have only made it half way up the map on my best try. I am asking for any help or suggestion that anyone has. BTW, there is no place to recruit either.

Thanks in advance..
ibwebb
Laudimir

Post by Laudimir »

I think that I started this scenario with a host of elves. It may be that some of the elves that went back with Gerrick died in earlier scenarios.

I actually enjoyed this campaign alot, although it seems to be extremely buggy.

I also very much loved the AMLAs that Deorn (sp?) has the option of seeing.

Again, the later scenarios seem to be a bit buggy, particularly with unit recalls.

Edit: Try restarting it and seeing if you start with more elves.
garak

Post by garak »

You can look here
http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10284
My suggestion is play again the scenario before and recruit elfes,they will join Gerrick.than it is easy.
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

I have beaten this on hard in 1.2.4, I think
I beat the saurians with monimal losses, then the nagas, then crossed the river to avoid the Ogre which btw did not attack and finally the
adepts north. Not really hard.
ibwebb

Post by ibwebb »

Thank you Laudimir and Garack. I will give that a try and see what I can do. Grats on beating it Santi, but really that wasnt much help imho. Based on Laudimir's advice I can see that I should have more units. Perhaps if you want to make it a bit more challenging Santi, try it with just the two units I had ;)
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

Ah, I see. Yes, I had 6-7, possibly more units to start with and that was on hard, so you really should have more units. Then again, this campaign
is kind of buggy(or was last time I played it)