You think a faction is overpowered? Come here!

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

MRDNRA

Re: You think a faction is overpowered? Come here!

Post by MRDNRA »

I think what I would do if there was a healthy/resilient guardsman on a village would be to wait for DUSK then use 1 assassin along with other units to do a 3 turn siege (dusk and first and second watch, before retreating at dawn). This is assuming of course I was in a position to be confident I could afford to use such troops there rather than have them needed elsewhere, if I needed them elsewhere I would let them have the village until I felt I was in such a position to be able to force them off.
Moribund

Post by Moribund »

This is really irritating. He's just spamming guardsmen.
Attachments
guard_spam.gz
(39.03 KiB) Downloaded 269 times
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Not to offend, but looking at the replay it seemed to me like the only reason that was a major problem was mismanagement on your part. He didn't even really spam gaurdsman. Getting 3 at the start is a very defensive build but very sensible if you're expecting orcs and don't want to go heavy on outlaws. Afterward he got them as he needed emergency defense which makes sense. EDIT: Looking further into the replay he did start to spam them but at that point they were not being so effective.

If you want me to take this one apart for you, just ask in a new thread, this isn't really the place for it.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Madlok

Post by Madlok »

OMG, the 7th turn, the first time I saw backstab in defence.
Quick bats are quick.
powershot

Post by powershot »

It maters who your fighting but undead are slightly overpowered with their resistance. But they don't have healers. Spectres are pretty powerful though.
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

And their mobility is just horrific.
powershot

Post by powershot »

monochromatic wrote:And their mobility is just horrific.
Meaning their mobility is good or bad??? :hmm:
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

IMO, terrible. The undead units can't get quick, so the core undead units (bar DAs and Ghosts) don't get more than 5mp. But DAs and Ghosts are fragile. And Bats are even weaker now.
powershot

Post by powershot »

monochromatic wrote:IMO, terrible. The undead units can't get quick, so the core undead units (bar DAs and Ghosts) don't get more than 5mp. But DAs and Ghosts are fragile. And Bats are even weaker now.
Maybe, but as I said it matters who you're fighting. :geek:
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

Every faction has means to go around the undeads' resistances, you just have to get a bit creative with your recruits. Because they also have very obvious weaknesses to exploit. If you think they're so strong, play a few matches as them, you'll see they're not so easy to master. That, and you can read the How to Play Series if you are having trouble fighting them.
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny - Frank Zappa
Current projects: Internet meme Era, The Settlers of Wesnoth
powershot

Post by powershot »

Dixie wrote:Every faction has means to go around the undeads' resistances, you just have to get a bit creative with your recruits. Because they also have very obvious weaknesses to exploit. If you think they're so strong, play a few matches as them, you'll see they're not so easy to master. That, and you can read the How to Play Series if you are having trouble fighting them.
Right of course :whistle: . They are "sometimes" relatively easy to beat. :hmm:
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Hello all,
I don't know if were allowed to talk about all types of faction or just the 6 core ones but I think the aragwaith are underpowered in several areas. I had been playing them and the elves as my main factions for the past couple of years but have noticed that in more recent releases there skills have been dropped. Previously, they had been good, occasionally expensive units with good punch in exchange for weak HP. Now some of the units, specifically the spearmen, seem to have had their attack cut which makes it a far less enjoyable faction, since there's no trade back for the weak HP
Thanks,
Wyvern :)
powershot

Post by powershot »

Wyvern wrote:Hello all,
I don't know if were allowed to talk about all types of faction or just the 6 core ones but I think the aragwaith are underpowered in several areas. I had been playing them and the elves as my main factions for the past couple of years but have noticed that in more recent releases there skills have been dropped. Previously, they had been good, occasionally expensive units with good punch in exchange for weak HP. Now some of the units, specifically the spearmen, seem to have had their attack cut which makes it a far less enjoyable faction, since there's no trade back for the weak HP
Thanks,
Wyvern :)
I've never used that race even though I have the era.
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

Wyvern:
Welcome to the forums!
I don't think this is the proper place to discuss non-mainline stuff, because if we would do that, we could discuss about hundreds of factions not balanced against anyone. :P
The better place would be the development threads of the respective eras. :)

powershot:
So, why are you posting?

Crend
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
powershot

Post by powershot »

Crendgrim wrote:Wyvern:
Welcome to the forums!
I don't think this is the proper place to discuss non-mainline stuff, because if we would do that, we could discuss about hundreds of factions not balanced against anyone. :P
The better place would be the development threads of the respective eras. :)

powershot:
So, why are you posting?

Crend
Not sure :doh: , now that you bring it up...

Wyvern:Never posted before on this forum? Then welcome to the forum. :D
ok bye m8. I'm serious.