You think a faction is overpowered? Come here!

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Herduk

You think a faction is overpowered? Come here!

Post by Herduk »

You think a faction is overpowered or too weak?
Organize here some match to test your statement!

I'm not a top-player but i here if someone want to try.
Every match will be posted as replay here to examine.

My Login
Nick: Herduk
When i can login: Monday-Friday (just tell me before) around 18.30 GMT+1(Rome time), Saturday from 9.00 to 11.30 always Rome time daylight savetime.

So, when people ask for a replay, everyone can get it quickly.
Last edited by Iris on October 21st, 2013, 1:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Retiring obsolete sticky.
Don't bother a dwarf.. you can argue with his hammer!
Xandria

Post by Xandria »

So - you suggest a band of skilled players get together and play game after game so that we can see whether a faction has more of a punch than others? Well then, I suggest then that you propose a team of really skilled players, and a few really balanced maps.

8)
The fight against human stupidity is endless, but we must never give it up.
- Jan Werich
Herduk

Post by Herduk »

Xandria wrote:So - you suggest a band of skilled players get together and play game after game so that we can see whether a faction has more of a punch than others? Well then, I suggest then that you propose a team of really skilled players, and a few really balanced maps.

8)
No, i suggest only that who think that a faction is overpowered or a strategy it's the "final tactics", before posting in the forum or after a request of a replay, can come here and organize for some matches to test his ideas.
And who want can offer himself as partner in this games.

It's a bit different. :P

I'm here to test some ideas, if people want. And no, i'm not a "top player" (as can be Doc Paterson for example) but i think to be better than many people complaining against luck or a faction to be overpowered.
Don't bother a dwarf.. you can argue with his hammer!
Agent Jack Bauer

Post by Agent Jack Bauer »

This thread is top tier.

It's a shame that none of the complainers are stepping up.
JB: You don't have any more information, do you, Nina?
NM: Yes I do.
JB: No, you don't.

*BLAU!*
Noy
Inactive Developer

Post by Noy »

Xandria wrote:So - you suggest a band of skilled players get together and play game after game so that we can see whether a faction has more of a punch than others? Well then, I suggest then that you propose a team of really skilled players, and a few really balanced maps.

8)
Umm, don't some of us do that every day?
Xandria

Post by Xandria »

Dunno. Do they? ^_^
If so, I'd love to see some statistics posted, as to know who's top-notch, who plays which faction well, etc...
The fight against human stupidity is endless, but we must never give it up.
- Jan Werich
Wintermute
Inactive Developer

Post by Wintermute »

Xandria wrote:If so, I'd love to see some statistics posted, as to know who's top-notch, who plays which faction well, etc...
Offical rankings are not available, but there are several informal tournemants that give some clues about who is good. There are many replays involved also.

Any "top-notch" player would play all factions well. By definition, really.
"I just started playing this game a few days ago, and I already see some balance issues."
Lunar2

Post by Lunar2 »

You know developers are getting desperate when a topic such as this is made into a sticky...
Back from retirement, current project: Auction
commanderkeen

Post by commanderkeen »

It's so non-devs can have a say on balance. We need HG here so he/she/it(!) can complain about balance and get caned by the pros.
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

Lunar2 wrote:You know developers are getting desperate when a topic such as this is made into a sticky...
Desperate? No! This is merely a way of luring the.....

I've said too much. I have to kill you all now to protect the Plan.
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Give in to your hate... tastes dandy with wine... don't mix it with hipertension though, it gives you gases.

Minded players, post at least a piece of your playtimes, you can keep the rest of your playtimes for your leisure.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Macjack

Post by Macjack »

i know some players wich think the same as me: the elves are too strong 70% in forest ok but 60% in mountains? and knalga has 60% in mountains to thats boring.
I hate Elves
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

You should check your facts first.

Everyone gets 60% def on mountains. Dwarves get 70% because it is their native terrain. This dose not make them unbalanced though you will have to make a better case if you want anyone to take this seriousely.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Macjack

Post by Macjack »

oh sorry forgive me please

but if you take a look at the basic units(fighter,archer)
you see that the elvish fighters and elvish archer are the best
I hate Elves
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Actually, you don't.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.