Questions on unit abilties

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kakistocrat

Questions on unit abilties

Post by Kakistocrat »

Firstly , I would like to say thank you to everybody who helped me get as far as scenario 7 on the campaign (I'm on easy difficulty, though). Your help not only made siege of Elensefar a breeze but let me beat crossroads and princess without any help.

Anyway, I've noticed a second line on the unit info sidebar which says things like "cure" and "heal". I just looked those two up in the manual and I don't think I've ever seen either work (also, does "cure" get rid of poison?) but I've noticed some other ones that have been eye-openers (such as "leadership," which made me think that I could recruit units with an elvish captain in my keep 8) and Konrad getting XP, or"teleport" for the unit above red mage :shock: ) and I've been wondering exactly how these work, because it isn't in my manual and I haven't seen a hotkey for them.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Those are abilities. Mouse over them and a tooltip will appear, explaining how they work, or look at the Unit Description (right click on unit -> Unit Description) and it will explain it.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Kakistocrat

Post by Kakistocrat »

Sorry for not clarifying, I'm on a mac running OSX
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Kakistocrat wrote:Sorry for not clarifying, I'm on a mac running OSX
that shouldn't make a difference. read the unit description. it describes the ability in there.

and this is probably explained in the wiki section "Getting Started". Why don't you read that to answer some of your questions? that seems like you would get answers quicker than posing them here...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Figa

Post by Figa »

I had the same problems when I first started playing. I could not find out exactly how the abilities like teleport, heal / cure & leadership, etc.. worked. It gave a little info when moused over but it doesn't explain with any detail exactly what is happening (game mechanics-wise). I think the manual is a lot better now then when I started a couple of months ago but it still is not very clear sometimes, especially for someone new. I had to read a lot of threads in the forum to really understand how these things worked. I would like to see a more comprehensive description in the maunual that goes into more detail of the game effects (like heal on the Elvish Shaman having a set limit on how much hp it gives vs. cure which gives hp to every adjacent unit). This information is out there between the manual and the forum but it is not easily located sometimes.

Figa

Each day begins in darkness; do not overvalue the light