The South Guard - Pebbles in the Flood

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TheChosenOne

The South Guard - Pebbles in the Flood

Post by TheChosenOne »

Any tips on how to win?

I have recruited only thugs, placed them on high ground making a solid ZOC wall, used Gerrick's leadership and even leveled up a HI but I still lose out at turn 15 - 17 everytime I play.

Can anyone help?
Numbers do not win a battle
---Konrad III
(A loyal member of the pro-loyalists)

Would you like to translate the Battle of Wesnoth into Indonesian? Then come and join us at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/IndonesianTranslation
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Ever read the objectives? You actually can't lose, as far as I can tell.
TheChosenOne

Post by TheChosenOne »

I know, but, surviving 15 turns is like...crap....

Anyone who has survived longer can give some tips here?

(If only I had my mages of light, this scenario's a piece of cake.)
Numbers do not win a battle
---Konrad III
(A loyal member of the pro-loyalists)

Would you like to translate the Battle of Wesnoth into Indonesian? Then come and join us at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/IndonesianTranslation
Kvasir
Code Contributor

Post by Kvasir »

At first I didn't try to hold ground, I typically had weak units (nearly dead units, peasants) in front which the AI would attack, the attacking AI units would then be counterattacked (which meant for the units that needed to do the softening near death) and the process would repeat.

I preferred thugs to get the killing blows, once you have a small army of bandits (to soften) and thugs (to kill) the skeletons become free xp. I did have some occasional footpads in the mix to either hold open ground or to shield against bone shooters.

Dealing with the ghosts was assigned to the lawful troops with the lieutenants getting the xp. Once they become generals (5 kills) you have so much leadership (2 generqls + gerrick) all your L1 will be able to do L2 damage.

At least back in the time I played I could ignore the WC as they would simple wait rather than spread out over the whole map. I used part time footpads, the two spearmen and the sergeant here.