Troll debate

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sly

Post by Sly »

peet wrote:It occurs to me that the Troll Spam technique might work if you also added some high damage-dealing units to the mix. Trolls are good in many ways - high HP, resistances, regeneration - all these make them tough to kill. But the main problem I see with them is that trolls have a pretty weak attack - only 7-2. Even 4 trolls will be unable to kill many units.

So if you have some units that deal high damage, which you keep behind your line of trolls, you could bring them up to deal enough damage to make the unit killable by the trolls. Once you get a troll whelp to level up things are looking much better for you.

Peet
Of course trolls are the best cannon fodder, wich is not of great use in MP but more in campaign :wink:
podunk

Post by podunk »

Trolls and Bandits. Love um.

Not because they are tough (they are) not because they deal tons of damage (trolls don't) but because they sound really neat when they bonk someone on the head.

The new trolls look very cool also.
F8 Binds...
Saurian Cartographer

Post by F8 Binds... »

if you have something to ACTUALLY contribute to this topic, then do so. this is strategy not art contributions, please stay on topic. although the new trolls are interesting, this is not the topic to post it in. if you feel sorry, i'll forgive you...
Proud creator of 4p- Underworld. Fascinated by Multiplayer design and balance.
I am the lone revenant of the n3t clan.
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

F8 Binds... wrote:if you have something to ACTUALLY contribute to this topic, then do so. this is strategy not art contributions, please stay on topic. although the new trolls are interesting, this is not the topic to post it in. if you feel sorry, i'll forgive you...
Watch it. I don't see a Sith or Developer tag under your name.
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.
F8 Binds...
Saurian Cartographer

Post by F8 Binds... »

sorry :oops: :cry: :(
Proud creator of 4p- Underworld. Fascinated by Multiplayer design and balance.
I am the lone revenant of the n3t clan.
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

F8 Binds... wrote:sorry :oops: :cry: :(
No problem. But we have people who do that sort of thing as their contribution to Wesnoth, and if they let something go, it's either because they haven't seen it yet, or they don't think it's a problem. If the problem is really that serious, PM one of us with a link and we'll check it out.

But don't play vigilante.
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.
podunk

Post by podunk »

No apologies here!

The only reason to use masses of trolls and whelps above ground is to hear satisfying bonks to entertain you while losing.