Counter Units

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Martinus

Post by Martinus »

Old topic - how to counter HI with dwarves? They usually kinda get smashed, and HI has get high resistance to thunderers (Which hit most of times - but not all).
Glowing Fish

Post by Glowing Fish »

Run into the mountains and taunt them?
Don't go to Glowing Fish for advice, he will say both yes and no.
paperclip boy

Post by paperclip boy »

several poachers or thunderers at night is the only way. poachers do 3-4 against them at night.
Long live the Purple and Black dragons
Sly

Post by Sly »

Martinus wrote:Old topic - how to counter HI with dwarves? They usually kinda get smashed, and HI has get high resistance to thunderers (Which hit most of times - but not all).
HI impact resistance have been weakened
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Yes, so now the fighter is helpful vs HI
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
Desert Plah

Post by Desert Plah »

Rather old question: Does anyone else feel that the orcish assassin unit line is slightly overpowered, and is there enough feeling that way to effect a change in the next version?
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

Desert Plah wrote:Rather old question: Does anyone else feel that the orcish assassin unit line is slightly overpowered, and is there enough feeling that way to effect a change in the next version?
You're gonna need to give more detail.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Desert Plah wrote:Rather old question: Does anyone else feel that the orcish assassin unit line is slightly overpowered, and is there enough feeling that way to effect a change in the next version?
I'd say most definitely not.

I'd also recomend watching some replays in the Archive if you're having trouble countering them.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Glowing Fish

Post by Glowing Fish »

I think the Assassin line seems overpowered because you always remember the times when they don't get hit. Which does happen! Every once in a while, you will see one skating off after avoiding ten hits. And you remember those. But you don't always remember quite as well the time it gets hit four times in a row by an Elvish fighter and dies.

This is actually going to lead to a new topic: psychological units!
Don't go to Glowing Fish for advice, he will say both yes and no.
F8 Binds...
Saurian Cartographer

Post by F8 Binds... »

I think the Assassin line seems overpowered because you always remember the times when they don't get hit. Which does happen! Every once in a while, you will see one skating off after avoiding ten hits. And you remember those. But you don't always remember quite as well the time it gets hit four times in a row by an Elvish fighter and dies.
you must take into effect that there is no lvl 3 orcish assassin. however, an elusivefoot with 12-2 melee and 6-3 ranged poison is a great inconvenience, if i can put it that way. however, i agree they probably are slightly overpowered. the assassin (lvl 1) atleast is weak to melee. the HI could be useful here, although you won't get very many hits in. but as mentioned earlier, it would almost kill the assassin if 1 or 2 hits got in. HI would do 13-2 and take only 6-2 (from an slayer!) :wink:
Proud creator of 4p- Underworld. Fascinated by Multiplayer design and balance.
I am the lone revenant of the n3t clan.