How to find the trapdoor?

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

strug

How to find the trapdoor?

Post by strug »

I play the game "Eastern Invasion" and need find the trapdoor in the scenario "outpost".However,I failed after trying several different paths.Who can give me a hint.
Thanks ahead! :D
Xeron_

Post by Xeron_ »

The trap dor gets opened by the white mage after you have survived X turns. - then you have to send your lade on hte trapdor square to win.
Draciron

Post by Draciron »

The trapdoor is always directly West of the keep. So it's important that you keep your leader near where the trapdoor will appear and that you can get to it.

In this scenario I've had more luck playing a defensive game. I buy Heavy Infantry and Mages mostly. I use a single calvaryman to grab a couple of the southernmost villages and don't even contest the Eastern villages. At night I'll retreat then attack during the day. If possible I stay completely out of reach during the night sacraficing a unit or two to keep the undead busy. During the day I'll surge back a little. Try to buy time and space. Keeping the undead away from the west side of the keep is crucial.
strug

Post by strug »

Thanks Xeron_ and Draciron. I have continued to play. The wesnoth is very cool open source game.
Xeron_

Post by Xeron_ »

indeed it is :)
Atilla

Post by Atilla »

Is there any specific rule on when and how to get on that trapdoor. I have no problem with playing trough the scenario, but when the white mage appears I can't get the scenario to finish. I move on the trapdoor immediatelly, I tried approaching it from different directions and all kinds of things, but it still doesn't do the trick for me.
Wintermute
Inactive Developer

Post by Wintermute »

Atilla wrote:Is there any specific rule on when and how to get on that trapdoor. I have no problem with playing trough the scenario, but when the white mage appears I can't get the scenario to finish. I move on the trapdoor immediatelly, I tried approaching it from different directions and all kinds of things, but it still doesn't do the trick for me.
Make sure that you are moving your leader onto the door. Your leader is (almost?) always the trigger for end of scenario events like that.
"I just started playing this game a few days ago, and I already see some balance issues."
Atilla

Post by Atilla »

The scenario objectives say - move Gweddry to the trapdoor. I am sure I do move him exactly on top of the trapdoor, but nothing happens. The Version of the game is "1.3-svn"
Wintermute
Inactive Developer

Post by Wintermute »

Atilla wrote: I am sure I do move him exactly on top of the trapdoor, but nothing happens. The Version of the game is "1.3-svn"
Interesting. Perhaps you have found a bug. You can report iit if you have time. Maybe you could attach a savegame here, so that someone with your same operating system can test it? Also, what OS are you using?
"I just started playing this game a few days ago, and I already see some balance issues."
Atilla

Post by Atilla »

I am using Zenwalk Linux, it has the game packaged on one of its repositories. I'll see to reporting it, once I make sure it's not something I'm doing wrong. But I played through it two times already and the result is the same.
Atilla

Post by Atilla »

Yes, it was a bug in my version. None of the "take leader to location" objectives would work. I updated to the latest SVN version and the scenario completed as soon as I loaded the game.
Wintermute
Inactive Developer

Post by Wintermute »

Atilla wrote:I updated to the latest SVN version and the scenario completed as soon as I loaded the game.
Moral: Just kick it until it works. :P