How to use Assassins

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mage_of_light

Re: Wounded troops

Post by mage_of_light »

merliin wrote: You can suicide a chain of wounded troops (0 levels work too) into their leader. They all hurt him a little before dying. And they have to die to free the spot, which normally isn't too hard against a leader. You could consider it an expensive multi unit version of ulfs. If you don't have enough weak units supplement with a heavy hitter of some sort one you have weakened them enough.

MERLiiN
Wow, then the leader lvls up eh???
lalala
kshinji

Post by kshinji »

Last edited by kshinji on November 9th, 2010, 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
User:Kshinji
Probably there's no point for me posting here, but i'll raise my PC to 1337 before leaving again ;P -- just kidding.
tr0ll

re: horsemen as assassins

Post by tr0ll »

i've tried with regular horsemen, knights, paladins, lancers, grand knights. none of them no matter what time of day seem to have good luck hitting an enemy leader sitting in their keep. nothing i hate more than three massive attacks all failing and them sitting there waiting to be slaughtered next round.
Xandria

Post by Xandria »

Well, in The Valley of Death, all it took was a paladin with a holy lance, one charge, lich dead. Very, very, and irrevocably sanctified back into the beyond, rest in peace and all that :D
The fight against human stupidity is endless, but we must never give it up.
- Jan Werich
F8 Binds...
Saurian Cartographer

Post by F8 Binds... »

I'm surprised noone's mentioned drakes yet... A group of Drake Fighters can go around the enemy at night, while your main forces retreat... This lures his forces towards yours... If I am correct, he should just be sitting on his castle. Then the group breaks out at day, and the assassination is complete. Having a Drake Flare as your leader can also help, as he can go back with the fighters to provide leadership and be a heavy hitter. This assassination method isn't too expensive however: only 17 gold per fighter, and this is cheaper than most scouts/skirmishers. (if not cheaper, not much more expensive) A Drake Glider can be useful for sight and avoiding enemy units... I'd say either 2 fighters / 1 glider, or just 3 fighters.
Proud creator of 4p- Underworld. Fascinated by Multiplayer design and balance.
I am the lone revenant of the n3t clan.
Imp

Post by Imp »

That would be interesting to see. Do you have a replay of that, F8?
F8 Binds...
Saurian Cartographer

Post by F8 Binds... »

Imp wrote:That would be interesting to see. Do you have a replay of that, F8?
no, just not yet. I might be able to do one vs AI and post it. :)
Tanis Half-Elven

Post by Tanis Half-Elven »

If the eenemy leader is close to a huge forest, a squad of Elvish rangers and avengers would make ideal assassins.
F8 Binds...
Saurian Cartographer

Post by F8 Binds... »

That is not likely unless you are playing Age of Heroes, and most maps don't have large clumps of forest near keeps... May be possible on Meteor Lake, but Otherwise your technique is not likely. I see the thinking though.
Tanis Half-Elven

Post by Tanis Half-Elven »

meh, I guess you're right at that.
But having a bunch of units that can move virtually undetected towards the enemy leader and slaughter him while his/her army watches helplessly IS the aim of assassination.
krotop
2009 Map Contest Winner

Post by krotop »

Tanis Half-Elven wrote:meh, I guess you're right at that.
But having a bunch of units that can move virtually undetected towards the enemy leader and slaughter him while his/her army watches helplessly IS the aim of assassination.
If you chain-ulf the ennemy leader, his/her army will watch the same helplessly way. But if you only follow the path of ninja style roleplay assassination, then yes, ambush or nighstalk may be the proper way.
Don't trust me, I'm just average player.
Game feedback for the Nightmares of Meloen
Art feedback by mystic x the unknown
Xandria

Post by Xandria »

If the leader is a White Mage, all it takes is one Ulf >:)
The fight against human stupidity is endless, but we must never give it up.
- Jan Werich