A Siege of Elensefar Assignment

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

scott

A Siege of Elensefar Assignment

Post by scott »

1. Take this saved game
2. Play HTTT on Normal with the SVN version (1.1.2+svn) (updated since May 21 2006)
3. Win the level with as few L2 units as possible
4. If you win, show me the replay and tell me the # of L2 units you used. Do not include Haldiel or Elrian in the count.
Attachments
SOE_turn1_testsave.txt
(456.07 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

Are you redoing Httt?
If yes, can you use the new Httt files in version 1.1.2 or are there too many WML changes?
Because I would like to try this if I get time but I don't know how to compile BfW on Windows.
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
scott

Post by scott »

Tux2B wrote:Are you redoing Httt?
If yes, can you use the new Httt files in version 1.1.2 or are there too many WML changes?
Because I would like to try this if I get time but I don't know how to compile BfW on Windows.
The AI has changed twice in the SVN version, and it is now quite aggressive (I think). However, using 1.1.2 should be fine. I want to see how many people can beat the level with min gold and a decent recall list.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
sparr

Post by sparr »

I am kicking myself for getting in a hurry and making a stupid mistake on the last turn... I got the undead leader down to 10hp and "of course" Konrad could defeat him with a 6-4 (40%)... Nope. Goodbye Konrad. This was with no level 2s other than Haldiel and Elrian, in 1.1.2. I am trying to get the SVN version built so that I can try it there. I will post a replay once I do and am happy with the result.
Ailurus

Post by Ailurus »

Well, I'll be glad to do 1.1.2 tests with this, but I can't seem to get the SVN to compile on Windows. I thought I followed Xan's steps correctly, but it looks like something is missing. I either get a compile error on tools\key_test.cpp, or a huge mountain of linker errors. Sorry I can't help more.
toms

Post by toms »

What about level 3 units? :twisted:
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
Wintermute
Inactive Developer

Post by Wintermute »

Ailurus wrote:Well, I'll be glad to do 1.1.2 tests with this, but I can't seem to get the SVN to compile on Windows. I thought I followed Xan's steps correctly, but it looks like something is missing. I either get a compile error on tools\key_test.cpp, or a huge mountain of linker errors. Sorry I can't help more.

There is a win32 binary for the latest version of svn here.

EDIT: Misread your post, sorry. I thought you were having trouble getting subversion to compile.
"I just started playing this game a few days ago, and I already see some balance issues."