Neorice's Unit Thread! (I need attention; you can give!!)

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Alks

Post by Alks »

Ok, haste makes waste, as some people say. It was just out of pure curiosity.

Maeglin: Thx, I had no idea, what that acronym stood for.
Foxwolf

Post by Foxwolf »

Excellent job with the chaos units :D I really did like all the units you added to the game (drakes, dwarves etc. etc.) alas the only way I can help is post stats, since that's the only thing I'm good at :P If you want some stats for any units just ask, via PM or AIM or this board ;)
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Neo made the dwarves? Since when? :?
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

I made the ulfzerker, entire guardsman line and hundreds of dwarves that didn't make it in; technically spoken I made nearly half of them; And the new thunderers were based on my guardsman.
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Oh, right, that Ulfserker abomination... * the Guardsmen are good, though they look like birds. ;)

Having the thunder based on your stuff doesn't really count, IMHO.

*: Just joking - it's not that bad. But he doesn't look worse than the berserker, just different, which is a Bad Thing.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
Steelclad Brian

Post by Steelclad Brian »

Yeesh, the berserker and guardsman lines are the best looking parts of the dwarf list. But oh yah I guess they could be improved. :roll:
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

turin wrote:Oh, right, that Ulfserker abomination... * the Guardsmen are good, though they look like birds. ;)

Having the thunder based on your stuff doesn't really count, IMHO.

*: Just joking - it's not that bad. But he doesn't look worse than the berserker, just different, which is a Bad Thing.
This probably has more to do with the berserker not really looking very "level 2"; there being no armour to remove; etcetera;
Though I can't blame (fmunoz?); dwarves are quite small, so hard to make them impressive if they don't even wear armour.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

The main problem is that the Ulfserker has hair, while the Berserker does not. Another problem is that the Ulfserker has a red cloth tied round his forearm, which makes him look more impressive... Is there a real reason for either of these?
The World of Orbivm
Alks

Post by Alks »

I'm reviving the thread. Since one of my beloved factions (in terms of graphics) is unplayable, I decided to put them together and form quite playable version (still according to "stable" version rules).

It's up to moderators, whether it still should stay in art contributions, but I do not want to start a new topic, when there's still an existing one.
Attachments
Chaos.zip
(193.61 KiB) Downloaded 437 times
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Yeah good job, for those who wonder "what happened to neorice?";

I'm sort of having exams soon, am now moderator on another forum, and stuff like that; so sort of lack the free time to finish the faction right now, once all the real life hassle is over, I'll continue on crap.
taz

Post by taz »

Alks wrote: I decided to put them together and form quite playable version (still according to "stable" version rules).
Creator of The Restoration of Wesnoth campaign.
maliciouskorean

Post by maliciouskorean »

neo, could i possibly use a few of your units for the mercenary faction that i'm putting together?
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

maliciouskorean wrote:neo, could i possibly use a few of your units for the mercenary faction that i'm putting together?
Try all you can.
shinryuu

Post by shinryuu »

Neorice, I'm very interested in those excellent dark elf sprites I saw in your art folio dealie. The idea of creating a dark elf campaign makes me feel all wobbly in my tummy.
If you would be so good as to furnish me with the base sprites, I will go about seeing to some attack/defence animations. I have a bit of experiance, time is the only limiting factor (and right now it is quite a limiting factor.)
America is a melting pot; the scum floats to the top and the people at the bottom get burned.
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

ummm. there was already a dark elf campaign made, and it sorta died
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm