I like the proposed bloodbind mechanic
7%
I like the proposed bloodpool mechanic
10%
I like the idea that vampires would have indirect means of influence
7%
I like the idea that there would be a lot of custom abilities
10%
I'd like it if the player was only able to recruit support units, and no vampires
7%
I'd like severe daytime penalties as a balancing mechanic
7%
I think all vampires should start as level 2 units
7%
I think making vampires expensive is a good balancing mechanic
7%
I think the vampire in the very red armour needs to be shorter
3%
I like how this faction seems to be developing so far
7%
I'd prefer it if this faction was eventually split into distinct vampire factions
3%

Total votes: 29

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Bloodlegacy (vampire faction) & art

Post by Konrad2 »

I'd like to point out that 'Blood Legacy' is currently not on the 1.14 add-on server, so 'Era of Myths + Blood Legacy' will probably not work properly.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Konrad2 wrote: April 11th, 2019, 9:17 am I'd like to point out that 'Blood Legacy' is currently not on the 1.14 add-on server, so 'Era of Myths + Blood Legacy' will probably not work properly.

Code: Select all

The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
    /home/user/.config/wesnoth-1.14/data/add-ons/EoM_Bloodlegacy/_main.cfg

Please report this to the author or maintainer of this add-on.

Details:

Macro/file 'TRAIT_EMERALD' is missing
    at ~add-ons/EoM_Bloodlegacy/./macros_and_tweaks.cfg:64
        included from ~add-ons/EoM_Bloodlegacy/_main.cfg:11
        included from multiplayer/eras.cfg:46
        included from _main.cfg:36
        included from ~add-ons/EoM_Bloodlegacy/_main.cfg:29
Last edited by Pentarctagon on April 21st, 2019, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added [code]
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

You have error in _main.cfg.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

I've downloaded it again (for 1.14) and tried it out on Dominus 8.2 map. It works fine and the Era of Myths factions are too. Must say that I had no idea how this worked and Dom 8.2 has an interesting feature: multiple leaders. So I was going nuts trying to figure out why I sometimes could recruit 5 units and other times 2. Turns out the Orcish leader included for free for side 1 on the map can recruit the default bloodlegacy units :) Those were the 2. At first I thought that perhaps you needed to recruit a Vampire Mage and have it present in the keep to recruit the "bonus" units LOL. Anyways, that's my funny story. I suppose I'd better restart a new game where I have a clue as the current one is a disaster. ;)

One thing I did notice that was bothersome was that the units that the Cabalist could recruit didn't have many interesting abilities. The leader has one but I never use leaders. The shaman gives a 20 bonus to arc. def. is the other one in recruitable units. If the advancements have any it'll be a while to discover since they need a lot of XP for level 2's like the rogue/shaman. Kinda expected more from Vampires. Bloodsucking! Turning into bats! Or fog. Mesmerism!
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

Oh, some more comments.

1. When choosing leader in the pre game it shows only the recruits avail. to all regardless of the leader you choose. That's rather a big deal considering the premise of the faction.

2. There are no deep water capable units (for the 2 leaders I've played so far but one unit avail. to all ought to be so endowed) which I think is sort of "required".

3. That Vamps can cross shallow water is of course not in keeping with their lore but is also required by the game. Maybe (and it might be hard to program) Vamps could not enter water unless they turn into a bat form.