Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Mik3art

The Battle for Wesnoth Card Game

Post by Mik3art »

A possible card layout

The Project is total open source....

cards are created by players with a intelligence system
Drag and Drop skills (example Gambit Final Fantasy 12).
Each effect has a score that determines the value of the card, plus the value is high plus the card is unplayable.

i need team for developing
Last edited by Mik3art on September 20th, 2018, 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mik3art

Re: The Battle for Wesnoth Card Game

Post by Mik3art »

for creature variable life, attack, ecc ecc ad a value of card

the power of this game could be the community that could be created around it by turning wesnoth into an icon
Edwylm

Post by Edwylm »

Well from my knowledge there is already a fan made card game for wesnoth. Card game - Wizards and Warlords That link should provide you with more details.
Mik3art

Post by Mik3art »

My game is very easy to play, and very cool for the fact "you can made your personal card of your deck" you can load your personal Wesnoth Sprite on you card editor or you can use a default sprite in database, with a "Drag and Drop" system for add a effect. All very easy.
This project born like a Marketing Project, but i believe thi's project is more cool in open source code.
Last edited by Mik3art on September 21st, 2018, 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edwylm

Post by Edwylm »

I don't see having "you can made your personal card of your deck" being a good idea as that can create unbalance and even entire rule changes. It creates to many problems in general. Even your idea of having a "score that determines the value of the card" will not correct your problems mentioned above.
power of this game could be the community that could be created around it by turning wesnoth into an icon
Also wesnoth is already icon adding a card game based on it would just promote wesnoth more not turning it into a icon.
Can-ned_Food

Post by Can-ned_Food »

You should link this to the original topic you made: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=48848

I do not see where you need additional images, though. It appears that you are re-using the sprites and images from the game, and that you already have the card template made!

You also seem to be quite skilled yourself with pixel manipulation. I'm not clear exactly what more you need.
Is there some time constraint? I hope not, because it is unlikely you will find enough contributors soon and with so little advance warning.

Cheers.
Mik3art

Post by Mik3art »

what problem?

the game have an intelligence drag and drop system editor for card, any player can make the card with a database skill finder, for example:
a make a classic spell card for you

Category A
-- Offensive Skill
---- 3 damge = +2 point
Category B
-- Target
--- Enemy Creature +5
Catogory =C
--condition
--- when activate (default condition) =+3
The card have 10 point, now for example any mana cost -1 point, i add two mana and the card cost 8 Point
The result of card

Spell card (B)

Name Card= X
Cost = 2
Picture card=default
Effect = Inflict 3 damage on target Enemy creature
Deck cost 5
For monster the point assignment on Attack is Work in progress, in this moment whit a equation i calculate that the card is Max of normal if have 3 cost 3/3 no effect.
So a card 1/1 no effect cost 1 is (MAX of Normal) but i prefer create a card with Cost 0 Attack 99999 i try it but the cost of this card is 99999 and is not usable for play game

So can try to create a monster card
Category A
-- Offensive Skill
---- 3 damge = +2 point
Category B
-- Target
--- One Target(all, player or card) +15
Category C
--condition
---when enter on board +3
Attack 2/1 = 3 = 3
cost 4 mana = -4
the result:

Card name = X
Card cost =4
Card Pictures = Default database
Typology= A
-- Type= Default database
Effect = when enter on board inflict 3 damage on a target
Offensive = 2/1
Card cost = 2+3+3+15-4 = 19

each copy of this card cost 19 point each copy of other card cost 8 point
4 copy of A and B= is 108 point, for this i think that monster card cost of 19 is big and i prefer put in my deck 1 copy of that same card because 4 copy of this card unbalance the rest of card in deck!!!! if i chose the Lowest point Format Mode.

:)
This game is very cool for this
Last edited by Mik3art on September 21st, 2018, 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mik3art

Post by Mik3art »

"""""Also wesnoth is already icon adding a card game based on it would just promote wesnoth more not turning it into a icon.""""

Exact
would not you be happy with this?
Can-ned_Food

Post by Can-ned_Food »

This is the Art Workshop board, though. All the information you put here would be better in your other topic, would it not?

Anyways, from what you said, I infer that each player has a pool of points / mana / coins, and that they use this pool to purchase cards which they assembled.
It is very confusing to read, however. The grammar is terse and your syntax should be distinguished better.

See, now we are discussing this here rather than on the proper topic!
Mik3art

Post by Mik3art »

no, Any player can make's the deck Free with the all free card can he or she made it.
Any player can create a room for a tournament or make a quik play

i would be like make a Story with a IA enemy.
Another possibility is "any player can make the stories and can publisher in the server like now, however this can make a big work with a IA bat this is another story....

For any question Ask this topic for the respect of the rule
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=48848&p=633399#p633399