Female Pesant and Ruffian

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
VladVhelm

Female Pesant and Ruffian

Post by VladVhelm »

Hi, I have some old works I made so I want to share them, they just a couple of animation for the level 0 units.
A female peasant and a female ruffian. I good making females :D
Anyway, here they are, feel free to use them.
Just let me know what do you think.
peasant+female.png
peasant+female.png (2.67 KiB) Viewed 10056 times
ruffian+female.png
ruffian+female.png (3 KiB) Viewed 10056 times
Attachments
female peasant-ruffian.rar
(66.95 KiB) Downloaded 661 times
BTIsaac

Re: Female Pesant and Ruffian

Post by BTIsaac »

Well the peasant looks okay, although giving her a head kerchief would make her more peasant-ish.
With the long skirt and what appear to be rolled back sleeves, the ruffian looks more like a lunch-lady with a stirring spoon, and as funny as that idea is, i don't think it's what you were going for.
I'd also recommend less TC, but that's just me.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

I believe the convention is to reserve larger amounts of TC for higher-level units, but don’t quote me on that.

They look good to me, although I’m not sure why they both seem to have grey hair.

All that said, since you didn’t specify whether your intention is to get these added to the main game (and it seems unlikely to happen without a lot more extra work since the Peasant only advances to male-only units and one of the Ruffian’s advancements is also male-only), I’ve moved this to Art Workshop along with your other two art topics.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Gender variations are supposed to visually still look like the same unit at a glance (biggest mainline exception: Arch Mage). Same size, pose, and so on. Granted, it might make sense for the clothing of a female peasant to be different from the male peasant, but less so in the ruffian's case.
VladVhelm

Post by VladVhelm »

BTIsaac wrote: July 20th, 2018, 5:22 am Well the peasant looks okay, although giving her a head kerchief would make her more peasant-ish.
With the long skirt and what appear to be rolled back sleeves, the ruffian looks more like a lunch-lady with a stirring spoon, and as funny as that idea is, i don't think it's what you were going for.
I'd also recommend less TC, but that's just me.
Thanks, for some of my first jobs, they are pretty nice. I am glad you like it,
Last edited by VladVhelm on July 21st, 2018, 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
VladVhelm

Post by VladVhelm »

shadowm wrote: July 20th, 2018, 6:24 am I believe the convention is to reserve larger amounts of TC for higher-level units, but don’t quote me on that.

They look good to me, although I’m not sure why they both seem to have grey hair.

All that said, since you didn’t specify whether your intention is to get these added to the main game (and it seems unlikely to happen without a lot more extra work since the Peasant only advances to male-only units and one of the Ruffian’s advancements is also male-only), I’ve moved this to Art Workshop along with your other two art topics.
In fact I added because I create a link to peasant -> Infantryman/girl-> Fencer, etc... So the ideas was be able to get fencer from infantryman units (That guy that looks like a sergeant, but only have a sword)
infantryman.png
infantryman.png (2.58 KiB) Viewed 9904 times
And the peasant have the chance to became one, in the same way the became spear men, So i create A female infantryman,
infantryman+female.png
infantryman+female.png (2.33 KiB) Viewed 9904 times
To be able to get fencer from peasants in fact I use the Class change idea, They keep like level 1 Units that change from Infantryman to fencers.

Here is the Unit tree I made.
Unit Tree Loyalist.png
enclave

Post by enclave »

That giant heavy infantry looks so coool!!! also celestials! :) thats maybe better than anything i seen at wesnoth so far.. i dont see anyone can match these beautiful sprites.
and fencers are really really nice, the only problem i see that while females looking really really great, they looks a bit like from disney land alladin cartoon, and a bit too different from the original ones.. but thats only my opinion.. regarding the professionalism of art, for me it's all looking flawless. Also female fencer lvl4 looks smaller than lvl3, that's not typical for wesnoth.
VladVhelm

Post by VladVhelm »

enclave wrote: July 21st, 2018, 12:41 pm That giant heavy infantry looks so coool!!! also celestials! :) thats maybe better than anything i seen at wesnoth so far.. i dont see anyone can match these beautiful sprites.
and fencers are really really nice, the only problem i see that while females looking really really great, they looks a bit like from disney land alladin cartoon, and a bit too different from the original ones.. but thats only my opinion.. regarding the professionalism of art, for me it's all looking flawless. Also female fencer lvl4 looks smaller than lvl3, that's not typical for wesnoth.
Thanks , but the Giant Infantry and the male Celestial I took them from the Ageless Era, I think they are from Era of Magic or Four Moons, The Female Celestial I made it mixing some other sprites, but later I found the original one :D , but I like the one I made.

The level 4 Female Fencer is of the same size, but looks smaller because she have no hat (and no pants either), she is practically in a small bikini with a large sword.The style is more like anime, I need fix the color a little, because she looks like she have some Princess Jasmine pants, but in fact she is wearing only a bikini.

Thanks for your opinion, I used to improve my future art.
I glad you like the female they took a lot time to made them.
Rapsynrev

Post by Rapsynrev »

Is the female celestial available for download somewhere? I would like to use that progression tree in my game.