Female Fencers

Make art for user-made content.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Post Reply
User avatar
VladVhelm
Posts: 15
Joined: July 20th, 2018, 1:45 am

Female Fencers

Post by VladVhelm » July 20th, 2018, 2:17 am

Hi there, this is my first post, I been working in a idea I have about the fencer, to add a new level know like Deadly Sword and made all the female versions of that.

So after a lot of work and testing, here they are. Unfortunately the female Deadly sword are give me some trouble, the program recognize as corrupt unit, so it work but the cache never saves the game at all. If some can help me with that is going to be great.
fencers.png
fencers.png (18.41 KiB) Viewed 1932 times
Anyway, the female - fencer, duelist and master at arms works pretty well. I attach every file including the cgf. I change a little the stats to make them more aggressive and elusive.

Let me know what do you think.

P.D The fencer, the Duelist and the Deadly Sword, goes in another carpet, for some reason if you put them in the same carpet that the male fencer, the program mix them. The Female Master-at.-arms goes in the same that the Male version. for some reason that one never give trouble.
fencer+female.gif
fencer+female.gif (16.27 KiB) Viewed 1932 times
duelist+female.gif
duelist+female.gif (10.54 KiB) Viewed 1932 times
master-at-arms+female.gif
master-at-arms+female.gif (36.18 KiB) Viewed 1932 times
DeadlySword+female.gif
DeadlySword+female.gif (76.92 KiB) Viewed 1932 times

User avatar
VladVhelm
Posts: 15
Joined: July 20th, 2018, 1:45 am

Re: Female Fencers

Post by VladVhelm » July 20th, 2018, 2:17 am

Here the files, for some reason they didn´t attach to the previous post.
Vlad.
Attachments
Female Fencers.rar
(1.57 MiB) Downloaded 62 times

BTIsaac
Posts: 278
Joined: December 7th, 2017, 7:30 am

Re: Female Fencers

Post by BTIsaac » July 20th, 2018, 7:42 am

While these look good and well made, they're too much of a burlsque caricature to work as a serious gender variation, though I'm sure that was the intent.

User avatar
Pentarctagon
Forum Administrator
Posts: 3619
Joined: March 22nd, 2009, 10:50 pm
Location: Earth (occasionally)

Re: Female Fencers

Post by Pentarctagon » July 20th, 2018, 7:57 am

Are her boobs getting bigger as she levels up?
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code

BTIsaac
Posts: 278
Joined: December 7th, 2017, 7:30 am

Re: Female Fencers

Post by BTIsaac » July 20th, 2018, 8:10 am

there's an increase at lvl3. 2 and 4 just wear more revealing stuff.

User avatar
Eagle_11
Posts: 757
Joined: November 20th, 2013, 12:20 pm

Re: Female Fencers

Post by Eagle_11 » July 20th, 2018, 11:22 am

Obviously you should base the sprite on fencer and not old lisar if you are intending for this to be an female fencer.

User avatar
The_Gnat
Posts: 1706
Joined: October 10th, 2016, 3:06 am
Contact:

Re: Female Fencers

Post by The_Gnat » July 21st, 2018, 3:41 am

Nice that looks really good! I especially like the Lvl 4 fencer he looks really great! 8)

As for the female variants I do agree with the other comments that it would be best to make the variant more like a female layer on top of the fencer rather than a whole new image. :) One of the main things to consider is that the female variant should be wearing similar enough clothing and weapons so that they are clearly the same unit.

For example look at the human footpad and female variant:

Image

Image

As you can see they are quite similar. The Outlaw, Footpad, Rogue and other units are the same.

That said I personally would prefer if the units were more distinguishable. So I think you definitely would do well to make a larger variation than the Footpad has. :) The main thing that is important is to have the pose of the unit and unit's clothing near enough so that when they are standing adjacent it is clear they are both footpads.

One possible way might be to take the image of the footpad and then draw on top of it hair and other features (perhaps even paste the features from the footpad you have already drawn) resulting in a female variant that is similar to the original.

Hopefully some of that is helpful :) and even if not the most important thing is that you do what you think is best! It takes a lot of practice to make really good images but you are definitely heading in the right direction! :D

User avatar
VladVhelm
Posts: 15
Joined: July 20th, 2018, 1:45 am

Re: Female Fencers

Post by VladVhelm » July 21st, 2018, 4:44 am

BTIsaac wrote:
July 20th, 2018, 7:42 am
While these look good and well made, they're too much of a burlsque caricature to work as a serious gender variation, though I'm sure that was the intent.
That was the idea in fact, give a little "anime style", and show some focus in the gender.

---
Pentarctagon wrote:
July 20th, 2018, 7:57 am
Are her boobs getting bigger as she levels up?
Just like in the anime and some video games. Just keeping "The rule" about female armor. But the ideas was made a pretty fighter.

---
BTIsaac wrote:
July 20th, 2018, 8:10 am
there's an increase at lvl3. 2 and 4 just wear more revealing stuff.
the level 4 is practical a bikini. ;)

---
Eagle_11 wrote:
July 20th, 2018, 11:22 am
Obviously you should base the sprite on fencer and not old lisar if you are intending for this to be an female fencer.
In fact in deed, I use the old Lisar sprite with some minor adjustments

---
The_Gnat wrote:
July 21st, 2018, 3:41 am
Nice that looks really good! I especially like the Lvl 4 fencer he looks really great! 8)

As for the female variants I do agree with the other comments that it would be best to make the variant more like a female layer on top of the fencer rather than a whole new image. :) One of the main things to consider is that the female variant should be wearing similar enough clothing and weapons so that they are clearly the same unit.

For example look at the human footpad and female variant:

Image

Image

As you can see they are quite similar. The Outlaw, Footpad, Rogue and other units are the same.

That said I personally would prefer if the units were more distinguishable. So I think you definitely would do well to make a larger variation than the Footpad has. :) The main thing that is important is to have the pose of the unit and unit's clothing near enough so that when they are standing adjacent it is clear they are both footpads.

One possible way might be to take the image of the footpad and then draw on top of it hair and other features (perhaps even paste the features from the footpad you have already drawn) resulting in a female variant that is similar to the original.

Hopefully some of that is helpful :) and even if not the most important thing is that you do what you think is best! It takes a lot of practice to make really good images but you are definitely heading in the right direction! :D
Thanks a lot bro, I put a lot of effort in that idea, special in the level 4, she is the biggest one. I see your point, they clearly move in different directions in clothing decisions, maybe with some little adjustments.

Thanks I will keep it n mind.
Last edited by Pentarctagon on July 21st, 2018, 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't multipost.

Post Reply