ghype's Daily Art - Thank You!

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
ghype

Re: ghype's Daily Art #34 - The Fallen

Post by ghype »

so after a short break, here are the remaining Fallen sprites.

here is a mounted one:

Fallen Rider (lv1), Fallen Knight (lv2), Fallen Lord (lv3)
Attachments
fallen-rider.png
fallen-rider.png (7.71 KiB) Viewed 8394 times
Lordlewis

Re: ghype's Daily Art #34 - The Fallen

Post by Lordlewis »

I like the look of the last one, but the first and second ones look a little too much alike. Also the horses' heads don't look right...
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
ghype

Re: ghype's Daily Art #35 - The Fallen

Post by ghype »

Lordlewis wrote: May 28th, 2018, 8:55 am I like the look of the last one, but the first and second ones look a little too much alike.
ok noted, will improve them at some point.
Lordlewis wrote: May 28th, 2018, 8:55 am Also the horses' heads don't look right...
the horses + their heads were taken from doofus despair. I only recoloured them from dark purple to black.
so i didn't touched their heads
despair horse:

here is the 2nd advancement. a definite burner. i am very proud on that this sprite.

Fallen Rider (lv1), Fallen Knight (lv2), Fallen Scorch King (lv3)
Attachments
fallen-scorch.png
fallen-scorch.png (10.11 KiB) Viewed 8008 times
Lordlewis

Re: ghype's Daily Art #35 - The Fallen

Post by Lordlewis »

That looks really good :D
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
ghype

Re: ghype's Daily Art #36 - The Fallen + Oversized Unit Line

Post by ghype »

Lordlewis wrote: May 29th, 2018, 9:44 pm That looks really good :D
thanks!

I will now post the last line of this faction, but post only 1 single unit at a time since the sprites themselves are very big. It has no lv1 unit but is still a lv2 recruitable.

Fallen Tamer (lv2)
Attachments
fallen-tamer.png
fallen-tamer.png (12.7 KiB) Viewed 7947 times
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Looks great! :D keep up the good work!
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
ghype

Re: ghype's Daily Art #37 - The Fallen + Oversized Unit Line

Post by ghype »

ForestDragon wrote: May 30th, 2018, 12:05 pm Looks great! :D keep up the good work!
thanks!

here is the lv 3. note the wings must be changed, they are currently the same like the previous lv. shadow must be worked on too.

Fallen Beast (lv3)
Attachments
fallen-beast.png
fallen-beast.png (15.79 KiB) Viewed 7889 times
Last edited by ghype on May 31st, 2018, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

ghype wrote: May 31st, 2018, 5:53 pm here is the lv 3. note the wings must be changed, they are currently the same like the previous lv. shadow must be worked on too.

Fallen Beast (lv3)
Looks quite good (even in the work-in-progress state). Are the wings/legs intentionally blended together, though? btw, I'd recommend making the neck spikes (not sure how to call them) get closer to the head, instead of the part where the neck is bent.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
ghype

Re: ghype's Daily Art #38 - The Fallen + Oversized Unit Line

Post by ghype »

ForestDragon wrote: May 31st, 2018, 6:09 pm Looks quite good (even in the work-in-progress state).
thanks
ForestDragon wrote: May 31st, 2018, 6:09 pm Are the wings/legs intentionally blended together, though?
yes ad no, i took them from lv 1 so yeah , havent thought much about it. however, if i'd try to place its wings as in a dragon ( not wyvern ) it might have get to clumsy since there was not enough space to work with

ForestDragon wrote: May 31st, 2018, 6:09 pm btw, I'd recommend making the neck spikes (not sure how to call them) get closer to the head, instead of the part where the neck is bent.
un further investigation I must agree with you, something feels off there

any way, here is the lv 4 of this, probably THE BEST sprite I have done so far, just by the fact that it is so big and clean.

Fallen Dragon Rider (lv4)
Attachments
fallen-dragon-rider.png
fallen-dragon-rider.png (33.12 KiB) Viewed 7849 times
Last edited by ghype on June 23rd, 2018, 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

That dragon rider could be really impressive with the right standing animation (head flopping/flying back and forth?)
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

ghype wrote: June 1st, 2018, 6:49 am any way, here is the lv 4 of this, probably THE BEST sprite I have done so far, just by the fact that it is so big and clean.

Fallen Dragon Rider (lv4)
Looks great! :D some critique, though:
-the body part proportions are rather off: right now, the neck is longer than the torso, and the torso is longer than the legs. My recommendations would be to shorten the neck (and probably change the head orientation), make the torso bulkier, and the legs longer
-It would be a good idea to add a shadow (a placeholder circle shadow would be acceptable, as an advanced one takes a pretty large amount of effort to make)
ghype

Re: ghype's Daily Art #39 - The Fallen

Post by ghype »

ForestDragon wrote: June 3rd, 2018, 5:11 am -the body part proportions are rather off: right now, the neck is longer than the torso, and the torso is longer than the legs. My recommendations would be to shorten the neck (and probably change the head orientation), make the torso bulkier, and the legs longer
-It would be a good idea to add a shadow (a placeholder circle shadow would be acceptable, as an advanced one takes a pretty large amount of effort to make)
my sprite is inspired by the LOTR fell beast. those had indeed less bulky body but long necks and tails. the only inconsistency is that my wyverns have smaller wings and the legs are shorter too. I wouldn't make the wings bigger but I could lengthen the legs a bit

shadow: noted

some google images for reference
doofus-01 wrote: June 3rd, 2018, 5:03 am That dragon rider could be really impressive with the right standing animation (head flopping/flying back and forth?)
it will be long till i get to make the animations, but yes, it def would be impressive
here is the line in one image for any one who wants:
and here are all the custom weapon portraits I made for the fallen faction, some of the lv 1 portraits existed already, I only made advancement for them
Attachments
fallen-atack-portraits.png
fallen-atack-portraits.png (67.66 KiB) Viewed 7767 times
Last edited by ghype on June 3rd, 2018, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sudipta

Post by Sudipta »

The weapon portraits are cool & that dragon rider is just wicked. Great stuff!
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Playing Wesnoth since 2010, still there is so much left to play
ghype

Post by ghype »

Sudipta wrote: June 3rd, 2018, 3:53 pm The weapon portraits are cool & that dragon rider is just wicked. Great stuff!
thanks alot.

I am here to reveal the last faction of my era "Eternal Era". they are Vikings. and i am the proudest on that faction. my goal was to make them as historically accurate as possible. for instance their weaponry or social structures and stuff.

anyway. here is the first line

Viking Thegn (lv1), Viking Valnir (lv2), Viking Huskarl (lv3)
Attachments
viking-huskarl.png
viking-huskarl.png (7.81 KiB) Viewed 8056 times
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Re: ghype's Daily Art #40 - (real) Vikings

Post by Vyncyn »

Looks really good, but check the right shoulder of the lvl3. I think there's a hole.