Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Dingo7

Dingo7's Art

Post by Dingo7 »

Hello.

I want to show you some of the things I made. :)

There will be much more soon. ;)
Attachments
Orcish Royal Assasin, advancement of Orcish Nightblade
Orcish Royal Assasin, advancement of Orcish Nightblade
royal-assasin.png (2.2 KiB) Viewed 9440 times
Advancements of Dwarvish Sentinel
Advancements of Dwarvish Sentinel
dwarves.png (14.19 KiB) Viewed 9440 times
Dwarvish Fighter line based off the portraits
Dwarvish Fighter line based off the portraits
newer-dwarf.png (6.11 KiB) Viewed 9440 times
dingo7_attack_icons.rar
(530.42 KiB) Downloaded 577 times
104 Attack icons.
104 Attack icons.
ForestDragon

Re: Dingo7's Art

Post by ForestDragon »

looks great! :D would you mind if I use the purple vortex icon?
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

I love the sprites you have drawn, they look very much like the actual portraits. And the attack icons are really good :D
-Falcon

Post by -Falcon »

This looks great. :D

Will you mind if I used any of this art in a campaign/era? :whistle:
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

I can only agree with the guys above me. The sprites look good, i might have some use for Nightblade advancement. :)
the lvl 5 stalwart might have a bit too much tc, and the alternative lvl 4 advancement doesn't fit into the unit line that much. Maybe you can adapt him to look a bit more like the others.
The attack icons look great, all of them!
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Dingo7

Post by Dingo7 »

Thank you and feel free to use it how you want. :)

5 lvl dwarf armor looks like magenta but it's actually a purple. I know that alternative one looks different, but i want him to look like that, a fully armored robocop. :D

Now, more units:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Fallen, advancement of Soulless, only goblin and wose version is missing. Now i feel like they might be too dark, will fix it and make all versions later.

More:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
:)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

the sprites look great! (I especially like the lvl4 fencer) are you planning to animate these units, or is it too much work? btw, do you accept icon-making requests? you certainly are very talented.

EDIT: having lvl5's armor as magenta doesn't look very good in my opinion (it's my personal preference, so don't feel obliged to change it if you like it the way it is). I think the bluish tone (like the one on stalwart), would look better
Deciton_Reven

Post by Deciton_Reven »

I mean, I have to agree, there's not really any purple metals. It's also kinda a jarring shift when it's so consistently a steel-blue before then. Also notable, covering the face is taboo for Dwarves. As a whole though your sprites are all very well done.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Nice i really like your new sprites! :D Especially that line of zombies (they look ruthless 8) )

Also if you are interested in lvl 4 and 5 units you should have a look at my add-on Reign of The Lords. Here is the unit database for it.

And if you don't mind it would be great if i could add some of your sprites to my add-on! :D
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

now that I think about it, if you made the alt. lvl4 dwarvish sentinel's (the robocop-like one) legs longer, he would work nicely as a loyalist heavy spearman.
Dingo7

Post by Dingo7 »

ForestDragon wrote:the sprites look great! (I especially like the lvl4 fencer) are you planning to animate these units, or is it too much work? btw, do you accept icon-making requests? you certainly are very talented.
Yes i want to make animations for most of them. Yes i could make some icons, and thank you. :)

The reason why i gave a 5lvl a purple armor is because i was basing him on the already existing 4/5lvl which i found in some addons (similar one is in The Gnat's addon), he had a purple armor. Also i think that he should not have a same color armor as previous levels.

Here's a version without mask:
And how he looks with red and blue TC (i used wesnoth rcx ;) :) )
Image Image
Edited a Deathblade advancement, looks better?
Also minor edits on dwarves:
Image Image
Dwarvish Battlerager from Legends of Invincibles, and my version :
Siege Trooper advancement:
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Dingo7 wrote:Yes i want to make animations for most of them. Yes i could make some icons, and thank you. :)
ok, so, if you don't mind, my first icon request is this: I'd appreciate it if you made a custom pike icon for these Era of Magic saurian pikemen units (their spears are used both for piercing and slashing, and they have a fairly distinct shape (spikes on the handle), so I think they should need their own icon. no pressure, though. btw, I am not Era of Magic's creator, I am just a contributor to it):
lizard_spearmen.png
lizard_spearmen.png (3.59 KiB) Viewed 9089 times
Dingo7 wrote:The reason why i gave a 5lvl a purple armor is because i was basing him on the already existing 4/5lvl which i found in some addons (similar one is in The Gnat's addon), he had a purple armor. Also i think that he should not have a same color armor as previous levels.
maybe change his armor palette something like this? (also, I think you should make his spear more shiny):
armor-aegis.png
armor-aegis.png (2.33 KiB) Viewed 9089 times
Dingo7 wrote:Edited a Deathblade advancement, looks better?
I think his face plate makes him look a bit too sci-fi, to be honest :hmm:
Dingo7 wrote:Siege Trooper advancement:
Looks great! :D
Dingo7

Post by Dingo7 »

ForestDragon wrote:
Dingo7 wrote:Yes i want to make animations for most of them. Yes i could make some icons, and thank you. :)
ok, so, if you don't mind, my first icon request is this: I'd appreciate it if you made a custom pike icon for these Era of Magic saurian pikemen units (their spears are used both for piercing and slashing, and they have a fairly distinct shape (spikes on the handle), so I think they should need their own icon. no pressure, though. btw, I am not Era of Magic's creator, I am just a contributor to it)
Hope you like it :) :
Another work on unit from LotI, Dwarvish Technocrat.
Highwayman advancement:
And an alternative advancement for Dwarvish Thunderer. It is a revamp of some unit i found in graphics library, i wanted to show a comparison but right now i can't find the original, possibly because some images there don't work.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Dingo7 wrote:Hope you like it :)
Looks good. Thanks! :)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

ok, so, I've got some more icon requests for Era of Magic (no pressure, though):
1)atokpi line: I would appreciate it if you made a staff icon for them (if you're only making one icon, I recommend that you base it on lvl3's staff, and If you're willing to make icon variations for each unit, I'd be extra glad :))
atokpis.png
atokpis.png (17.45 KiB) Viewed 8906 times
2)bone beast line: I would appreciate it if you made a headbutt icon/tail icon for these units (keep in mind, the tail i a pierce attack here, so put some emphasis on the sharp point of the tail).
bone_beasts.png
bone_beasts.png (9.44 KiB) Viewed 8906 times