What is beyond Wesnoth?

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Lordlewis

What is beyond Wesnoth?

Post by Lordlewis »

What is beyond Wesnoth? I got the main title screen map and combined it with the map from son of the black eye campaign and this is the product of that.
Spoiler:
But then there was a big gap at the bottom of the map, how big can the continent Wesnoth is on be? The south, east and between is nothing.
Also I don't know what topic this would be in but the map is art (other than a weird transition between the heart mountains).
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
IIIO_METAL

Re: What is beyond Wesnoth?

Post by IIIO_METAL »

On the main line, only a part of the continent is drawn. I think that some of the UMC campaigns described other areas. It may be possible to complement to some extent by connecting them together.
However, if what I understand is correct, the map will never be completed. We can freely rewrite the map with each imagination. Naturally, there may be inconsistencies between different campaigns. The biggest reason why the map is not completed is to leave room for creators' imagination. I am fun to be incomplete.

Still, attempting to fix the part on which the map is not drawn must be a fun challenge.
Creator of "Mountain Witch" & "Castle of evil spirit"
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Yes I would agree that some of it would be in other campaigns and that it does create freedom to making what ever campaign and where it is set. I also like the idea of there being an unknown area, but there seems to be one being expanded already "let's (try to) expand the great continent" forum.
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
WTrawi
Location: My location is not public, but I know YOURS and I can use it against you.

Post by WTrawi »

Thes might give ideas...
pre-1.11 bigmap
A Teljes Nagy-Kontinens.jpg
Plus, the maps of Oath of Allegiance and Eastern Invasion show a bit more information about the new Wesnoth:
OoA and EI
ooa and ei.jpg
Another extra pic cuz why not :D (map of the Silver Age Project)
Összeillesztett új térképek.jpg
Not very active on the forum anymore, but I still read it, and I also still play Wesnoth and draw a bit.
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Cool thanks, I geuss I bettter start looking at some add-ons as well then to see if there is anything else like that.
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!