The Gnats Franken Dungeon

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Lordlewis

Re: The Gnats Franken Dungeon

Post by Lordlewis »

I made the sprites for the epic saber, and also the batal portrait.
Spoiler:
Attachments
epic-saber.zip
(74.2 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Also for no reason I made a sprite and the animation for the death charger.
Attachments
Death charger.zip
(22.41 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
New Death charger sprite
New Death charger sprite
chocobone.png (36.96 KiB) Viewed 4278 times
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Great that looks really good 8)
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

I also made the mage of glory sprite to have a few more look features that the mage of light doesn't have, and I found and edited a maybe better version of the Orcish Emperor (since the Orcish emperor looks a little bit to much like the Orcish sovereign).
emperor.png
emperor.png (35.39 KiB) Viewed 4235 times
glory.png
glory.png (36.96 KiB) Viewed 4235 times
Edit: added drake keeper sprite
Attachments
keeper.png
keeper.png (38.07 KiB) Viewed 4228 times
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Nice i really like those new images!

I like the new emperor's head and design but personally though i think the new emperor is too small. I agree though that he needs to look different. How about this (a combination of the new sprite and old size):

(it is not necessarily an improvement - i just drew it in a few seconds - but i think it shows the size difference between the two units, we don't want the upgrade to be smaller than the old unit ;) perhaps you could do some reworking to make it look large enough to be an formidable advancment)
Attachments
supreme.xcf
(12.92 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
supreme.png
supreme.png (4.42 KiB) Viewed 4226 times
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

To be honest I didn't really like the shield with the emperor, it look a little too loyalists, also the silver outlining didn't match the gold outlining on the armor. I'm thinking I may have to find a way to make the old one bigger. Another thing, you could say the sprite that I found was actually the old(er) one since it's from the early days of Wesnoth.
Edit: added new Orcish emperor sprite
Also why does the Reaver and fallen undead have resistance for arcane?
Attachments
emperor.png
emperor.png (38.29 KiB) Viewed 4211 times
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Nice i like the enlargement it looks like a good level 4 unit (does this older sprite have animations?), also i don't know why the reaver has arcane resistance it should be the same as its lvl 2 version, i will change that :)
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Uh I don't believe the sprite has animation. Just wondering are you making a campaign using this add-on?
Edit: Also with the Orcish night blade's blade icon, doesn't that look like it should be a sickle instead of a knife? The sprite's weapon looks more like a sickle and seems more like something that would traded out for a scythe (since their original purpose was to cut grass like substances and such).
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Lordlewis wrote:Just wondering are you making a campaign using this add-on?
Not currently because of lack of time but maybe in future
Lordlewis wrote:Also with the Orcish night blade's blade icon, doesn't that look like it should be a sickle instead of a knife? The sprite's weapon looks more like a sickle and seems more like something that would traded out for a scythe
Yes i agree with that, i think i will change it to a sickle :) thanks for noticing that
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

I found a really good looking halberd from the 'Brave Wings' campaign, the gold one is an edit by me.
Attachments
ark-halberd-gold.png
ark-halberd-gold.png (28.75 KiB) Viewed 4056 times
ark-halberd.png
ark-halberd.png (5.09 KiB) Viewed 4056 times
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hi,

Still amazing work you guys are doing here :)
I'm not sure if it's OK to post requests (if not, ignore it :D ), but I'd really like to get this thing done, and my color-shifting talent is far from satisfactory.
What I'd like with this guy:
isurdiel.png
Is to change his flag to have black background, with a bloodmark in the middle, instead of the tree (could be really just a red dot). And also to have his cape in a darker shade, preferably black.
Aim for the flag is this:
bloodstained-flag-icon.png
bloodstained-flag-icon.png (748 Bytes) Viewed 4019 times
If someone could help, that would be greatly appreciated :D
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

The flag looks good (the small one) but I personally think that the portrait is fine as it is, also what was the reason why that the portrait needs changing any ways?
Edit: added edited marshal portrait
Spoiler:
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Thanks :) It looks great, but maybe the cape really isn't necessary, can you change that back? :D (I also noticed, I used his portrait in common graphics, without the flag, but with the green cape, so maybe that should stay). The flag is really good, apart from the middle part, the red mark is not much redder than the stripes and the circles on the right, maybe a little livelier shade for the middle? :hmm:

Yup, portrait is great, the banner needs to be change due to this guy's, well... sudden change of allegiances in this campaign. :D

What I also noticed, and this is my fault, my original upload of the portrait for some reason compressed his picture from 400x600 to 333x500. Maybe such a large canvas can't be uploaded, I don't know, here he is in normal size:
isurdiel.zip
(288.96 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
Sorry for the double work :( Thanks :)
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

What exactly did you want me to do by the way? Also the image I sent should work since it is 400x600. The funny thing is that at this time I'm also making a campaign. This probably be in a different thread though.
Edit: added new portrait
Spoiler:
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Exactly what I was thinking :)
Problem is: when I download it, it's still 333x500 pixels :( Same as with me I think - what you upload is 400x600, but try downloading it - what you get is 333x500. (or at least it is for me). Can you upload it as .zip?