The Gnats Franken Dungeon

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Lordlewis

Re: The Gnats Franken Dungeon

Post by Lordlewis »

Okay I'll tweak the portraits a little bit, the sprite though looks good :D the only issue is that it has no animation and the pre-advancements have a lot of animation.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Nice i like the revised portraits. And yes i agree that it is unfortunate that it has no animations, but i don't really want to animate it until it looks better. Currently the sprite seems to be missing something... :hmm:
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Also here is an update to the advanced pack and rules for the wizards and warlords card game
Attachments
Wizards and Warlords - Advanced Game - (tier) - v10.pdf
(3.01 MiB) Downloaded 145 times
Rules.pdf
(782.12 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

So about the Kalifate, other than only using images from other campaigns or era how about some franken art? Besides the only add-on with any new Kalifate units in the Oath of the Allegiance (which has quite a few decent ones), but I've edited the level 2 archer to have a different mask and have a sword when attacking melee (even though the unit doesn't have a melee attack in the campaign).
altawir.png
altawir.png (36.96 KiB) Viewed 4025 times
altawir-melee.png
altawir-melee.png (36.96 KiB) Viewed 4025 times
Although the saray, hurasch and the keschian immortal seem to have good sprites as well. Can any also let me know if there are any other add-ons that have new khalifate sprites. The annoying thing about this is there are very few portraits to use, so I may have to re-draw some or blend from the humans with the only main game khalifate portrait.
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
-Falcon

Post by -Falcon »

Lordlewis wrote:So about the Kalifate, other than only using images from other campaigns or era how about some franken art? Besides the only add-on with any new Kalifate units in the Oath of the Allegiance (which has quite a few decent ones), but I've edited the level 2 archer to have a different mask and have a sword when attacking melee (even though the unit doesn't have a melee attack in the campaign).
altawir.png
altawir-melee.png
Although the saray, hurasch and the keschian immortal seem to have good sprites as well. Can any also let me know if there are any other add-ons that have new khalifate sprites. The annoying thing about this is there are very few portraits to use, so I may have to re-draw some or blend from the humans with the only main game khalifate portrait.
The bottom unit's leg is looks fuzzy.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Nice sprite, I also remember seeing some new Khalifate in the Golden age.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

The_Gnat wrote:Nice sprite, I also remember seeing some new Khalifate in the Golden age.
well, the khalifate units there are also borrowed from Oath of Allegiance.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

The Gnat do you need any Khalifate sprite done? Also I've made a Khalifate portrait with a sword, as far as I know there is only one portrait I can blend others with, considering the portraits from oath of the allegiance is a different art style.
Spoiler:
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

to The_Gnat: sorry if this is too off-topic, but you seem to have stopped reading my PMs, even while browsing the forums. why is that the case? (I've sent 9 card-game-related PMs already :whistle: ). I am posting it here since I don't know any other way to contact you.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

ForestDragon wrote:to The_Gnat: sorry if this is too off-topic, but you seem to have stopped reading my PMs, even while browsing the forums. why is that the case? (I've sent 9 card-game-related PMs already :whistle: ). I am posting it here since I don't know any other way to contact you.
Yeah really sorry, i have been too busy to do more than write 12 words... :hmm: i responded to your PM now.
LordLewis wrote:The Gnat do you need any Khalifate sprite done? Also I've made a Khalifate portrait with a sword, as far as I know there is only one portrait I can blend others with, considering the portraits from oath of the allegiance is a different art style.
Actually (as i said to forestdragon) i have no time right now to work on the khalifate. If you would like you can draw some sprites, otherwise i will try to write up a list and when i have more time and we can start working on it then. :D It probably won't happen for at least a month though, sorry.
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Okay that's fine if you don't have the time, I don't expect this to get a response but here are some images. These are just ideas so yeah.
Spoiler:
Attachments
Don't have a name for this yet
Don't have a name for this yet
Jawal.png (48.37 KiB) Viewed 3767 times
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

the portrait/sprite look great! :D I think you should replace his green bottle with maybe a blue (water) bottle, though.
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Nice idea, it would make sense since they live in the desert.
Spoiler:
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

looks good, but I think you should make the bottle's blue color a bit more pale (since water doesn't really have such a blue color).
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Thanks. I don't know what I should do for the sword one though.
Spoiler:
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!