The Gnats Franken Dungeon

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
The_Gnat

Re: The Gnats Franken Dungeon

Post by The_Gnat »

Awesome! Do you mind if i make a slight modification to the level 5 to make it not in exactly the same position?

EDIT: Also i made another unit for the Khalifate from a sprite by shadowwalker that i found
noble.png
noble.png (5.61 KiB) Viewed 4568 times
He has leadership and a lightning strike ability. 8)
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Sure, but what line would the noble come from? Would the bowman still have leadership also?
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

It would be an alternate advancement from the Alchemist. And yes the bowman would.
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

I've attempted to create a sprite for the advancement for the Quenoth ranger, I was thinking that the advancement could have a bow instead of a dart. Also I'm not really sure if all the quenoth sprites are going to stay the same, it is possible that they will change in the near future. There is a forum thread about it, it is also the place were I got the main body of the ranger advancement sprite.
Attachments
flanker.png
flanker.png (37.25 KiB) Viewed 4512 times
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
ghype

Post by ghype »

maybe its the best to wait for the final version of quenoth family. altough that might take some more time...

are there any sprite advancement missing for the khalifate?
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

ghype wrote: April 22nd, 2018, 4:23 pm maybe its the best to wait for the final version of quenoth family. altough that might take some more time...

are there any sprite advancement missing for the khalifate?
Thanks LordLewis that looks good but I think gyphe is right and we should postpone further sprites for the Quenoth. There is not much point in drawing sprites which become redundant. I think we will put the Quenoth to the side temporarily until further development.

As for sprites still needing drawing the following units need advancements would you be interested in drawing any. I don't expect them all to get done but if you are interested in trying to draw a few that should be awesome!

Level 5 Dune folk spearmaster and fireshooter and skimisher
https://units.wesnoth.org/trunk/Reign_o ... Thabt.html

https://units.wesnoth.org/trunk/Reign_o ... asifa.html

https://units.wesnoth.org/trunk/Reign_o ... araza.html

Level 5 shyde
https://units.wesnoth.org/trunk/Reign_o ... 0Star.html

Level 5 fugitive
https://units.wesnoth.org/trunk/Reign_o ... riser.html

Level 5 Slurbow
https://units.wesnoth.org/trunk/Reign_o ... rafer.html

Level 5 halberdier
https://units.wesnoth.org/trunk/Reign_o ... aster.html

Level 5 drake warden and enforcer
https://units.wesnoth.org/trunk/Reign_o ... eeper.html

https://units.wesnoth.org/trunk/Reign_o ... ueror.html
Last edited by The_Gnat on April 27th, 2018, 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Yeah, I don't think we need to worry about Quenoth for a while. Also are there any special units you'd like to be made for any campaign that I haven't done yet? (Maybe the dark queen, maybe the sea orc, bone knight, etc.)
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
ghype

Post by ghype »

i have never worked on drakes and never touched default elves either.
however, i am interested in that Easifa. That flamethrower must get bigger.

the unit it self seems odd to me. why would it need fire arrow if it could spill fire about the same range...
or is that thing supposed to shoot the arrows?
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

ghype wrote: April 22nd, 2018, 9:48 pm however, i am interested in that Easifa. That flamethrower must get bigger.
Definitely! 8)
ghype wrote: April 22nd, 2018, 9:48 pm the unit it self seems odd to me. why would it need fire arrow if it could spill fire about the same range...
or is that thing supposed to shoot the arrows?
I believe the device he has is two fold: 1. is a melee fire torch type weapon, 2. is a flaming arrows that it spews out. At least that is what i gather from the two attacks it has.
Lordlewis wrote: April 22nd, 2018, 9:47 pm Yeah, I don't think we need to worry about Quenoth for a while. Also are there any special units you'd like to be made for any campaign that I haven't done yet? (Maybe the dark queen, maybe the sea orc, bone knight, etc.)
No i think that pretty much covers it. I only think it is necessary to make advancements for the units the players get rather than for example the Sea Orc which probably will never advance (and no one wants it to ;) ). But it would not be terrible to have a advancement for lvl 5 for Lisar or Konrad. Other than that I would say all the campaign units are covered. But if you want to draw any of the units listed above that would be cool. Otherwise I am looking to release the next version of the add-on within a day or two.
Last edited by The_Gnat on April 22nd, 2018, 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Also I drew an advancement for the Dune Guardian.
Grand_Spearmaster.png
Grand_Spearmaster.png (7.26 KiB) Viewed 4463 times
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

For the long campaigns I think there should probably have level 5 leaders instead of 4, such as heir to the throne and the rise of Wesnoth. I've attempted to make a level 5 Konrad, I've made many versions of the one sprite.
konrad-lord2.zip
(28.45 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
Also I like the grand spearmaster sprite, is that a level 5 unit?
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
ghype

Post by ghype »

i like your konrads. however i did an edit on the sword since your version covers most of hist face and creates a noticable diagonal line with the sword holster.

one version with one without holster
konrad-lord2.1.png
konrad-lord2.1.png (6.17 KiB) Viewed 4412 times
konrad-lord2.2.png
konrad-lord2.2.png (6.31 KiB) Viewed 4412 times
lewis version could be very good for defense frame with the shield and the sword protecting his head
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Lordlewis wrote: April 23rd, 2018, 5:53 am
Also I like the grand spearmaster sprite, is that a level 5 unit?
Yes it is!

@ ghype & lordlewis - I have an idea for an edit as well, I will post it as soon as i finish. Overall I like the idea, and I think the shield is good because it makes him look unique from the lvl 4. :)
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It annoyed me that the sword covered his face, but thanks for cleaning that up ghype. What shield looks better though? I like the shock trooper shield. Yet I'm not sure how Konrad would look with the sword and the shield on at once...
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Here is my attempt and the xcf in which i have split the image into layer so it is easy to edit if you want to make any changes. :D

I think either shield would be good and so have left it off currently. (Basically i just made the cape and chest and bow all larger)

EDIT: also I think that the rounded shield looks better for the commander role that he is playing (rather than a line-holder like the shock trooper). And Perhaps we could use the combination of shield and sword and none as animation frames.
Attachments
konrad-lord.xcf
(14.91 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
konrad-lord.png
konrad-lord.png (4.11 KiB) Viewed 4396 times
Last edited by The_Gnat on April 23rd, 2018, 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.