The Gnats Franken Dungeon

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
The_Gnat

Re: The Gnats Franken Dungeon

Post by The_Gnat »

Nice! I like the serpent sprite alot, though i personally think it would look better if it's head ears behind the sprites head were slightly larger (to match the portrait) and more green. :D

(and don't worry i won't forget the portraits ;) )
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Stupidly i uploaded the old v1 of the events yesterday instead of the new version v3 :whistle:

Here is the actual new update which has the new cards:
Wizards and Warlords events - v3.pdf
(1.13 MiB) Downloaded 303 times
Also here are the new advance and base games. Basically i took 5 cards from the advanced game +3 new cards by forest dragon and stuck the in the base game so it has now 13 pages of cards (104 cards, which is twice a normal card deck). Then i added 5 new cards by forest dragon to the advanced game so it still also has 13 pages.
Wizards and Warlords - Base Game - (tier) - v6.pdf
(2.34 MiB) Downloaded 283 times
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Okay I made a few adjustments, I made the sprite a bit greener and made the ears bigger. Although it doesn't look good if the ears were really big, so I don't think I can make them any bigger. So here it is, it also kind of looks like it should be in a swamp or something. :)
Attachments
seaserpent2.png
seaserpent2.png (37.19 KiB) Viewed 2980 times
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Yes that is much better! Good job :D
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Also just hoping this helps when the Khalifate (not that I think it will be done right now) is devolved into this add-on. The Khalifate look and sound like Mamluk warriors, also the Mamluks have heavy cavalry like the Khalifate. I'm sure they are Egyptian or something in that area.
Last edited by Lordlewis on September 1st, 2017, 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Lordlewis wrote:Also just hoping this helps when the Khalifate (not that I think it will be done right now) is devolved into this add-on. The Khalifate look and sound like Mamluk warriors, I'm sure they are Egyptian or something in that area.
That is a good idea, i will look into Egyptian names for warriors/soldiers and see if i find anything. :D
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

I made some more portraits, these are for the undead faction. :)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Edit:added reaver portrait
Spoiler:
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Nice, i really like the shield you have given to the destroyer and both slitherblades looks great (especially the one with 2 arms)! :D

EDIT: i don't want to bother you, you have already made so many awesome portraits! But if you don't mind me asking perhaps you could make a arch-necromancer female variant, similar to the male version you made earlier? :D
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Sure and here it is. Also it's fun making these so it's no problem. :)
Spoiler:
Edit: more portraits, compacted post
Spoiler:
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Thank you! 8) I aim to release a new update of the portraits add-on with your all new portraits sometime tomorrow! :D

Also here is a list of unit that at some point you might also be interested in making portraits for:
Spoiler:
That is a long list ;) and i am in no hurry but if you have time to work on any of them that would be cool.

Also if anyone reading this topic has seen any skeletal horse or dragon portraits would you please post, because i have been yet unable to find any. Also i haven't seen any elephant portraits either, but i didn't really expect to see them ;)
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

You're welcome and also there is a really good dragon portrait in the game files. Also I hope all these portraits aren't annoying in any way. :D
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Edit: is there an image with longer wings by any chance.
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Those are really great! and i certainly do not mind having you post all these portraits, the reason i created this topic was for art for the Reign of The Lords add-on. Also i was actually asking about a skeletal dragon (sorry about not being clear earlier).

About wings unfortunately i do not have a larger image but i do have an xcf file that might be a little easier to use (if you have gimp, i have xcf files for most of the portraits i have made).
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

The light rider (both genders), the arch-Gryphon, the holy bow master and the mage of lustre has been finished.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Wow awesome!! :D I love all the portraits, and i like how you cropped the light rider to make the wing size work! 8) :D

Just a personal opinion (you may ignore it if you want) i think that the holy bow master and arch gryphon's rider's heads are slightly too large. If both heads are re-proportioned just slightly i think it will look better. :D
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

More event cards for the wizards and warlords game:
Wizards and Warlords events - v4.pdf
(1.27 MiB) Downloaded 271 times