The Gnats Franken Dungeon

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
The_Gnat

Re: The Gnats Franken Dungeon

Post by The_Gnat »

Hi white wolf that looks great I will see if I can find some place to use it!!

@ghype - no most of the sprites in this thread are for an add-on I made. If you install the add-on then you can advance to the new units, the add-on is called Reign of the Lords and adds 4th and 5th level units that every faction can advance to. For example have a look at the new Horseman's advancement line: (the lancer advances to level 4,the knight to level 5 through either the paladin or grand knight)
https://units.wesnoth.org/trunk/Reign_o ... seman.html

I currently am working on adding these new heroes such as Konrad and Lisar and soon, in the next release, they will be available so you can advance your heroes in the campaigns to high levels.

Also I am planning on starting creating 4th and 5th level advancements for the new Quenoth Elves in the new Under the Burning Sun's.
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Well... it's been a while but, do you want me to make some sprites for the Quenoth Elves? Also White wolf, do you want to me to do a quick edit on a few parts of the portrait? Some parts like the neck seem a little out of place... and same for the chain mail on his neck. Also I think it's a very good portrait :D
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Yeah that would be great I have some time now to work on the addon again!
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Lordlewis wrote: April 18th, 2018, 9:46 pm Also White wolf, do you want to me to do a quick edit on a few parts of the portrait? Some parts like the neck seem a little out of place... and same for the chain mail on his neck. Also I think it's a very good portrait :D
Sure :) The chain mail is there so that the front under the black armor is not a green tunic... :D But yeah, maybe it's not the best solution.
Here's the xcf if it helps:
master_of_darkness.xcf
(676.12 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Just wondering, how does this look for the advancement for the champion?
champion.png
champion.png (36.73 KiB) Viewed 3660 times
It's been a while so I may be a bit rusty...
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
ghype

Post by ghype »

The_Gnat wrote: April 18th, 2018, 8:00 pm Also I am planning on starting creating 4th and 5th level advancements for the new Quenoth Elves in the new Under the Burning Sun's.
i saw they changed visually a lot in 1.13
lv4 and lv5 would certainly look great although i am not sure if the campaign is long enough for that.
Vulpine

Post by Vulpine »

Lordlewis wrote: April 20th, 2018, 11:20 am Just wondering, how does this look for the advancement for the champion? champion.png
It's been a while so I may be a bit rusty...
In my humble opinion, the head is a bit difficult to read. It may just be me though, so don't take my word for it.
One foot in my mouth, and one in the grave; that's the way I like it, and that's the way it'll stay.
[shameless_advertising]
Also the author of Elvish Incursion, a short little prologue.
[/shameless_advertising]
ghype

Post by ghype »

Lordlewis wrote: April 20th, 2018, 11:20 am how does this look for the advancement for the champion?
the sprite itself looks good as always, but it doesnt feel like an advancement to the quenoth fighter line imo
or am i to strict?

the shield could be taken form the lv3 and recolord gold. and spear which you took from the corrupted one looks nice in gold. but make keep the blade the same color , almost the same color like the advancements before

implementing some of the green robe color would help too. but thats just an idea
Attachments
champion dislay.png
champion dislay.png (20.48 KiB) Viewed 3630 times
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Wow that looks awesome!! Make it slightly taller and it could be level 5!

Though if you have level 4 in mind I would try to tie it slightly closer to the previous sprite, perhaps by not adding in the Gold but leaving his clothes greenish like the previous units.

Overall though that looks fantastic!
ghype

Post by ghype »

i got the urge to try me for some advancements too.
here is my take on the lv4 advancement for the marksman.
marksman advancements.png
marksman advancements.png (10.19 KiB) Viewed 3597 times
marksman line.png
marksman line.png (24.37 KiB) Viewed 3597 times
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

ghype wrote: April 20th, 2018, 8:26 pmi got the urge to try me for some advancements too.
:D I know exactly what you mean! It is really fun to make high level units! That looks great I really appreciate the help! As soon as I get all the sprites for these Quenoth I am going to release the next version of the Reign of the Lords add-on. 8)

As you mentioned before the UtBS is not as long a campaign (and especially on "Nightmare") and so not as many people will have the opportunity to advance really high levels. But the new elves are so awesome that I thought they definitely deserve advancements and I will add them as another faction in my era as well to be played in Multiplayer! :D

(Also so we don't draw images that others are doing what sprites do you plan on drawing next?)

P.S. Level 4 and 5 units are awesome! My personal favorite is the Drake Obliterator.
WhiteWolf wrote: April 20th, 2018, 11:04 am Sure :) The chain mail is there so that the front under the black armor is not a green tunic... :D But yeah, maybe it's not the best solution.
Here's the xcf if it helps:
Also thanks Whitewolf!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

@ gyphe - Also since you seem interested in drawing skeletons would you want to make an advancement for this unit?
bone-pirate.png
bone-pirate.png (3.06 KiB) Viewed 3582 times
(If not that is no problem :) just feel free to draw whatever you want!)
ghype

Post by ghype »

The_Gnat wrote: April 20th, 2018, 9:16 pm since you seem interested in drawing skeletons
it certainly seems so, but i mostly post my entire faction from start till end. thats why you saw only skeleton sofar.
there are 4 other factions coming and the skeletons are nearly done.

here is my take on the pirate one. I assumed that he is only a lv2 and you needed a lv3 advancement.
to be honest, i wasnt sure how to make pirates in spriting. i had no reference but i think i got something ok-ish.
bone-pirate.png
bone-pirate.png (7.85 KiB) Viewed 3574 times
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Awesome thanks ! 8) He is actually level 3 in my era ( :whistle: ) though probably I will put your sprite at level 3 and move him down to level 2 which is more reasonable.

Thank you very much! I am quite busy so I rarely have much time to draw new sprites.
ghype wrote: April 20th, 2018, 10:55 pm it certainly seems so, but i mostly post my entire faction from start till end. thats why you saw only skeleton sofar.
there are 4 other factions coming and the skeletons are nearly done.
Great! :D I will look forward to that!
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

I've made the level 4 and 5 fighter line, I've adjusted a few things on the level 5 as well. Also I was thinking, is there a way in the multiplayer mode a unit can advance into the corrupted elf unit? Just an idea.
champion2.png
champion2.png (37.64 KiB) Viewed 3569 times
champion1.png
champion1.png (36.75 KiB) Viewed 3569 times
Edit: also here is the edited version of White Wolf's portrait, the chain mail has been blended in.
Spoiler:
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!