Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Re: The Official Neorice topic.

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Kwandulin wrote:Your art style is still breathtaking! The wyvern looks really cool! I think removing the wings and legs of the wyvern could make a really cool fat flying snake out of it, on which a rider can easily sit on. The Tengshe is very cute, too, and will certainly do its job as a lower level unit

I think your work is exactly what the UMC guys need: fresh high quality sprites, so thanks for your efforts!

Here's the gorgon portrait that I am currently working on, it's somewhat NSFW. I'll either keep the 'ancient greek clothing' or add a massive bronze single-piece-breastplate, preferably the first, though.
Spoiler:
I hope that's something you can work with!
I decided to just go with what you have, if you figure out what you're gonna do bra-wise I can update it.
Attachments
gorgon.png
gorgon.png (17.73 KiB) Viewed 9311 times
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

Looking really nice!
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

So a side conversation got me plugging wesnoth, and I come back to see Neorice posting awesome things--crazy timewarp back to the aughts--welcome back man!

Such a great style, as usual
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Eagle_11 wrote:@Kwandulin
You can simply extend the scales part to come up until covering her breasts if that is your concern.

Uhh, id like to request 2 variations of this elephant sprite. its used for lvl1 and has following lvl2s.
siege elephant: elephant is carrying an ballista on it's back instead the rider.
heavy elephant: elephant is almost entirely covered in armor, primarily chainmail with some plate parts.
I'm not a huge fan of just modifying other people's work, so I'm gonna have to reject this one. (doing this for fun after all.)

Also hi Thrawn. :eng:

/edit

btw, I think the_gnat requested the clean files for the toy faction in PM? Here's all the characters on a white BG for now.

Some of these still need some updates to their art, but as I'm not sure when I'll get around to changing/updating them I'll post them just in case.
Attachments
toy-faction.png
toy-faction.png (42.34 KiB) Viewed 9249 times
Midnight_Carnival

Post by Midnight_Carnival »

appreciate the Gorgon.
Guess who my new favourite pixel artist is. :D
That's a lie, I've liked Neoriceisgood from the beginning, especially the early Orcish portraits.
Neoriceisgood wrote:
I'm not a huge fan of just modifying other people's work, so I'm gonna have to reject this one. (doing this for fun after all.)
:
I didn't know you did requests!
Well, I had this campaign in the very early stages which never go anywhere further than the story-line and some of the characters. It was about the Saurian empire which covered around 1/2 the planet back before Human civilisation existed. Anyway, I had all these Imperial Saurian units which I franked together.

One unit I could never get right was was the Saurian Ancient Matriarch.
She had like Ambusher bling and her body was monstrous (almost dragon or serpent like) from spending many years just churning out millions of baby Saurians all day long.

If you ever feel like you can't find inspiration or something maybe try to draw her or something similar?
I probably won't use her in my campaign (would love to finish it someday but that is unlikely) it is just for fun.

PS those toys are well drawn but ... severely creepy.
...apparenly we can't go with it or something.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Midnight_Carnival wrote: PS those toys are well drawn but ... severely creepy.
That's basically the idea behind the faction so ... good. ^_^

When I feel like doing requests I will prioritize units people actually plan on using.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Thank you Neoriceisgood for the sprites they are really great :D ! Have you any suggestions for removing their white background to make them playable in the game?

Thanks
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

hi, so since you seem to accept suggestions, could you make some drake lvl4s? UMC really lacks those (only armageddon exists so far)
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

The_Gnat wrote:Thank you Neoriceisgood for the sprites they are really great :D ! Have you any suggestions for removing their white background to make them playable in the game?

Thanks
Uhm I use photoshop for that, but if you don't know how to do that I'll have to sit down at some point to make them transparent files.

hi, so since you seem to accept suggestions, could you make some drake lvl4s? UMC really lacks those (only armageddon exists so far)
Yeah sure, I can look into that.
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

Here is a transparent background. You are using 3 different shadow colors.
Spoiler:
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Wussel wrote:Here is a transparent background. You are using 3 different shadow colors.
Spoiler:
Awesome Wussel thanks!!
shevegen

Post by shevegen »

Anyone knows if Neoriceisgood is still active? If he moved to other things, any news as to what he is doing?

I am purely interested in regards to the art work (aka to see what he has been up to with art-related content).
Zoomo

Post by Zoomo »

He makes the comic Hero oh Hero and he's pretty active on twitter & tumblr :)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Zoomo wrote: August 26th, 2018, 10:27 pm He makes the comic Hero oh Hero and he's pretty active on twitter & tumblr :)
Could you please post the links?
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
egallager

Post by egallager »

ForestDragon wrote: August 27th, 2018, 5:52 am
Zoomo wrote: August 26th, 2018, 10:27 pm He makes the comic Hero oh Hero and he's pretty active on twitter & tumblr :)
Could you please post the links?
Twitter: https://twitter.com/neoriceisgood
Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/neorice