Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
ForestDragon

Re: TAS2: The World Seed - Art Dev

Post by ForestDragon »

well, no problem :)

EDIT: maybe you can make it, so that the ogres stole this cannon from somewhere, or something

btw, it's nice to see you working on something again :)

EDIT2: also, will you post Kimmira's portraits, and that "someone's" attack icon too?
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
FaeLord

Post by FaeLord »

I have told Mechanical that I will use pretty much anything that he creates in the completed faction, but I will likely only be using the units that I sent to him on the unit list for the campaign. We can release the Rockland Ogres as a separate faction as well, and I see no reason not to do so, (meaning that we can include the gun ogres and any other of Mechanical's creations in the separate faction).

I just sent Kimirra the info for Elithiel's new portrait and I'll have some concept art from her probably in about a week. I will post that but I am not posting any of the completed portraits (ultimately there will be about ten of them) until after the campaign is released. I will also likely have her create five or six story panels. This will all take time. I'm not her only client.

Shield is doing the attack icons. I have only requested one from him so far because I do not yet know exactly what will be needed there. The ogre faction will almost certainly need several, and there are also three new characters in the World Seed who will need a few. Elithiel will be getting two new attacks and I might need icons for those too. I am still creating the maps for the campaign so I haven't gotten into creating the scenario or unit configs yet.

I have sent Addan-Shem a somewhat extensive list of sprites, frankens, items, and scenery that will be needed about a week ago. He has not sent anything over yet, but I'm sure he's working on it.

The World Seed will have about 20 - 25 scenarios, which is roughly twice the number in The Amaranthine Stone. As well, there will be a host of new enemies and allies. Most of these will be pulled from existing factions and adapted as needed. Some, like the Rockland Ogres, will need to be created from the ground up. I'm working on the scenario maps currently and I plan to do all the programming myself, so I expect this entire process to take several months at the least.

-=FL=-
Wesnoth stole my summer . . . again.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

btw, i think you could start making the code of the campaign, with placeholders instead of unit images
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
FaeLord

Post by FaeLord »

My method is usually maps, unit files (including any animations), terrains, and then scenarios, in that order. I'm wrapping up maps now. By the time I start coding the scenarios, I will not likely need to use any placeholders except in the area of portraits, hopefully. The Rockland Ogre scenario occurs fairly early on, so we'll see. There are still 20 units that need sprites there.
FaeLord

Post by FaeLord »

Some dwarf statues by Addan-Shem.
dwarfstatue-sw.png
dwarfstatue-sw.png (5.3 KiB) Viewed 4651 times
dwarfstatue-se.png
dwarfstatue-se.png (5.95 KiB) Viewed 4651 times
dwarfstatue-nw.png
dwarfstatue-nw.png (4.7 KiB) Viewed 4651 times
dwarfstatue-ne.png
dwarfstatue-ne.png (4.84 KiB) Viewed 4651 times
Mechanical

Post by Mechanical »

Ogre Thruster sketch.
Attachments
oooogre11!.png
oooogre11!.png (8.17 KiB) Viewed 4613 times
My art thread
If you like my art, try The Great Steppe Era!
Also try my Rage (16+) drakes slasher campaign!
Join the Wesnoth Modders Guild community!
FaeLord

Post by FaeLord »

Cool. What's that he's thrusting at?
Mechanical

Post by Mechanical »

I do not understand about thrusting
My art thread
FaeLord

Post by FaeLord »

I was asking about the weird little duck fish thing.
Mechanical

Post by Mechanical »

It turned out there accidentally. Do not pay attention
My art thread
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

I really like the big ogres. I do have issues with broken TC. With the giant gun wagon I would go for regular SE facing. There might be a point in making NE facing too. But not necessarily. I am really a big fan of oversize units. With the gun wagon I would however go a bit smaller due to wesomtric properties.

I made a quick distortion to get more wesometric. This is purely to explain what I mean by wesometric. It is not meant to be better or anything. I will put it in a spoiler. So please only look at it, if you are able to cope with it.
Spoiler:
Shield

Post by Shield »

I've started work on this one attack icon.
Currently I'm trying to pin down approximately how it's gonna look before I move on to detail and coloring.
workin' on it
workin' on it
Based on the sprite, it would appear that the blades are fairly wide-- though that could just be for visibility's sake considering the scale of Wesnoth's sprites.
Nowhere near the finished product yet, but figuring out the shapes of the blade, hilt, and handle. The 3rd one looks a little straighter than I intended, but that's probably because of the angle I drew it at.

FaeLord, which of these four do you think is the closest to what you have in mind? Going from there, I can tweak it further.
Creator of Lonely Era.
Here's my art!
I'm also on Tumblr.
WTrawi
Location: My location is not public, but I know YOURS and I can use it against you.

Post by WTrawi »

I'm not FaeLord, but I think the best could be a fifth one with the third one's blade and the fourth one's hilt :)
Not very active on the forum anymore, but I still read it, and I also still play Wesnoth and draw a bit.
FaeLord

Post by FaeLord »

Hi Shield:

I have sent you a visual reference image that should make it clear what Nara's knives look like. The sprite is not the best reference for that because it's just too small to represent the knives in any detail.

FaeLord
Mechanical

Post by Mechanical »

Faelord Hello! I drew ogres with spears completely. How do you lvl 3?
Attachments
oooogre11!.png
oooogre11!.png (13.37 KiB) Viewed 4413 times
My art thread