New paintings of WTrawi

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
WTrawi
Location: My location is not public, but I know YOURS and I can use it against you.

Re: My daily paintings

Post by WTrawi »

Oh, hi Krogen :D now let's go and paint a wose :D
Not very active on the forum anymore, but I still read it, and I also still play Wesnoth and draw a bit.
WTrawi
Location: My location is not public, but I know YOURS and I can use it against you.

Re: My daily paintings

Post by WTrawi »

At the moment I'm working on the biggest challange in my life: a complete portrait of an orcish slayer. See more at topic "unfinished portraits".
Not very active on the forum anymore, but I still read it, and I also still play Wesnoth and draw a bit.
WTrawi

Re: Daily paintings of WTrawi

Post by WTrawi »

I was busy because high school, but I'm back (!) with more painting time!!! :D

The next thing what I was trying is bonfires and flames! The first one wasn't good enough for me, so I'm going to paint another one, but here's my first try:
Attachments
Trying fire.jpg
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

I agree that you should probably try again. I have an idea though: You should study some pictures of fire before trying to draw one. Real artists do that all the time because they know that the picture in their mind's eye doesn't look like the real thing. In fact, you should try to copy a specific image like this one. You may think it's like cheating, but students in art classes spend a lot of their time doing that.
flames.jpg
flames.jpg (30.68 KiB) Viewed 5363 times
Your colors are fine, but your fire is round while real flames have a chaotic shape with large holes in it. You also have a yellow glow surrounding the whole thing, and that doesn't exist. (I would also recommend using a dark background.)
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
WTrawi

Post by WTrawi »

I did another quick experience after looking a few images as you said. This one still has a round shape (yet), but I tried to fix everything else, so it's much more realistic now.
Attachments
Trying fire example.jpg
Trying fire 2.jpg
WTrawi

Post by WTrawi »

It's still under progress.
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

Yeah, that's a LOT better so far.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
WTrawi

Post by WTrawi »

Btw this isn't in my special oilpaint style
WTrawi

Post by WTrawi »

Aaand the final one has arrived! :D In my painting style!
Attachments
Day 6.jpg
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Nice, do you mind if I use this picture in my addon 5 lords reign?
WTrawi

Post by WTrawi »

You can freely use it if you'd like to, but I'm going to use it as well! :D Here I give you this painting without the black background:
Attachments
Tűz háttér nélkül #1.png
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Thanks and I look forward to seeing more of your art!
GunChleoc
Translator

Post by GunChleoc »

The overall shape is good, but it is very fuzzy.
WTrawi

Post by WTrawi »

I'm back from my holidays, so I ask: what shall I draw now?
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

WTrawi wrote:I'm back from my holidays, so I ask: what shall I draw now?
well, how about trying to slowly move on from pictures of individual things (like your fire, for example) and slowly make landscape pictures, it will be much harder, but once you master it, it will also produce a hopefully much better result
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic