Felix Mage's stuff

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
FelixMage

Re: Felix Mage's stuff

Post by FelixMage »

GunChleoc wrote:I think your problem is that the axe is placed too high, hence the arm getting too long.
I see, maybe I did place it a bit too high.
I originally intended him to be holding it with both hands, so I put it above his head, where I could easily draw both hands. I will probably make him hold this version of the axe with just one hand and make the animation for the two handed evolution strike vertically from the side, something similar to the way the Highwayman attacks.
Midnight_Carnival wrote: He seems to be stepping forward yet the axe is raised as if he is yet to strike.
Good point, I am going to fix that too.
Midnight_Carnival wrote:It is interesting that you chose a mage-looking character with a heavy axe, I am keen to see where this goes. The smaller axe wasn´t bad although you have drawn this one nicely.
I had this character design(mage with an axe, not just mage-looking) in mind for a long time, in the final evolution I plan on making a big axe completely replace his staff, and make it also serve as a catalyst for magic. :)
I didn't really draw the axe, I just took the one from the Dwarvish scout, since it looked exactly like what I had in mind. I just modified it a bit so it would fit on a regularly sized human.

Thank you all for the help with this, I am going to try again with your advice in mind and hopefully this time it will work out. :D