Wesnoth's Flags

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Eagle_11

Wesnoth's Flags

Post by Eagle_11 »

I have seen an "Choose your Flag" addon on the server that had only 2 flags, so thought might share some more, attached anything ive got. Also included teamcolored south guard and blackeye flags from campaigns. All are from an UMC campaign, era, faction or the another.
-----
I have found this as an item graphic within Flight to Freedom, thought it would make an nice flag, so bothered to convert it. See:
evil-flag.gif
evil-flag.gif (7.42 KiB) Viewed 3546 times
However it has an small clipping problem, guess thats just the way things are:
clippingprob.png
clippingprob.png (171.86 KiB) Viewed 3546 times
-----
On a side note: If you have -or see- any half-completed flags, can try to complete them.
Attachments
Gathered_Flags.zip
any flag graphic there is
(135.9 KiB) Downloaded 451 times
Wussel

Re: Wesnoth's Flags

Post by Wussel »

Clipping is based on terrain code used. If you use existing code you might have to place the flag inside the hexfield with all pixel.
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

It's not bad, but it's so bright that it looks out of place compared to the rest of the terrain. I think it should be toned down a little. Also, there are some pixels that are still green. They probably aren't quite the right shade to be color shifted.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

Had check it in wesnoth-rcx tool, did not see any pixels remaining green.
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

The separate folder inside you zip make a lot of extra unzipping. The regular mainline flags are not so interesting in there either. Any way interesting efforts.
taptap

Post by taptap »

I find the flames weird. Looks out of place (more like a gas burner).
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

beetlenaut wrote:Also, there are some pixels that are still green. They probably aren't quite the right shade to be color shifted.
They're quite hard to see, but you're right. For example, the pixel at 54,26, according to The GIMP is not a pure green pixel, but has a red value of 1 as well - flags must use pure green pixels (red and blue values must be 0) as color mask instead.
Also, zipping a bunch of already zipped files doesn't compress them more :P You can just unpack the folders and compress them only once. If you want a better compression ratio, you can use 7-Zip (although PNG files are already compressed, so I'm not sure that there will be any gain).
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)