Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Celpix

Team Color problem

Post by Celpix »

Hi :D
I wasn't sure if this should be posted in Art Workshop or in WML Workshop, because I don't know wether the problem lies in the image or in the code. Well, this is my image:
sylvan-novice.png
sylvan-novice.png (4.13 KiB) Viewed 3173 times
As visible, she wears a magenta-coloured belt which should be team-coloured in-game, but it isn't. The colours are copied exactly from a core image, and the {MAGENTA_IS_THE_TEAM_COLOR} macro is included. Has anybody an idea why the belt is not displayed as team colour (by the way, the other units I tested this together with had their team colours as normal)?
Ignorance is bliss, but knowledge is power.
Eagle_11

Re: Team Color problem

Post by Eagle_11 »

Not entirety of the magenta gets processed as team color, some pixels that remaint too dark or bright may require manual fix.

You can check the sprite's teamcoloring with Wesnoth-RCX tool to see if you need to tweak.
Midnight_Carnival

Post by Midnight_Carnival »

I had similar problems early on working with Gimp.
If I rotated or scaled something there was a good chance that the purity of the magenta would be comprimised and then I had an ear featuring lots of Barney the Dinosaur color.

I fixed this by doing 2 things:

1) zooming in, going pixel by pixel, and selecting the shade of magenta I was going to use from an image where the magenta worked as TC (all mainline units work) or sometimes some kind soul posted a kind of colour spectrum of the official magenta gradient and I took it all from there. It sounded hard but wasn't and encouraged me to look at detail when franking anyway.
You may have to test it out then take a screen shot and go back several times which is a nuiscence but it is better than the alternative.

2) adding TC last and limiting the ammount of TC in my images. It sounds like I'm having no fun but I acutally found that images with less of the team colour ened up looking better anyway.

I hope this helps and that one of the important art type people posts that gradient thing for you.
...apparenly we can't go with it or something.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

The RGB values of the belt are simply not part of the magenta TC palette. Just re-apply them and it should be fine.
Celpix

Post by Celpix »

Thank you, it works now. :D :D :D

P.S.: The weird thing was that I copied the colors from the dwarvish arcanister's cape and did not modify them (at least, I was not aware of any modifications).
Ignorance is bliss, but knowledge is power.
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

I.e.: If the transparancy of the pen is at 99% you would not see it, but you are of. If you turn something or scale it up/down you will be of the tc scale again. Take the pen (not the brush), select the color from somewhere working and repaint it pixel by pixel in a new layer.

There is a TC testing programme around for easy checking. Unfortunately i lost it. Maybe some body could repost the link?
GunChleoc
Translator

Post by GunChleoc »

Wussel wrote:Maybe some body could repost the link?
viewtopic.php?t=31965