Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Aldarisvet
Translator

Re: ForestDragon's Art

Post by Aldarisvet »

ForestDragon wrote:as a continuation in the 'for other developers' series, i present you: a few anims for Elvish Blade Dancer from Oath of Allegiance
It is really pity Kwandilin used this Zerovisus's sprite in his campaign. Not only that elf looks really fat, but look on his weapons! Such two-bladed sword is absolute nonsense, you need much more space for the hands between blades. Of course two-bladed swords is quite exotical weapon never largely used anywhere in the reality, but at least even in the fantasy it is a two-handed weapon. But moreover, he have another sword in another hand! It is so huge challenge to a common sense, that I cannot look at this sprite without a pain! This elf cannot do almost anything without a huge risk of cutting himself, I am not speaking about a fight with such a weaponry.
facebook.com/wesnothian/ - everyday something new about Wesnoth
My campaign:A Whim of Fate, also see it's prequel Zombies:Introduction
Art thread:Mostly frankenstains
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

oh, cactose's head it from the original, i just added detail to the two secondary branches, it's a lvl3 cactus wose (there are lvl1 and 2 already), and about evilknight, expect animations soon :)
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Aldarisvet wrote:
ForestDragon wrote:as a continuation in the 'for other developers' series, i present you: a few anims for Elvish Blade Dancer from Oath of Allegiance
It is really pity Kwandilin used this Zerovisus's sprite in his campaign. Not only that elf looks really fat, but look on his weapons! Such two-bladed sword is absolute nonsense, you need much more space for the hands between blades. Of course two-bladed swords is quite exotical weapon never largely used anywhere in the reality, but at least even in the fantasy it is a two-handed weapon. But moreover, he have another sword in another hand! It is so huge challenge to a common sense, that I cannot look at this sprite without a pain! This elf cannot do almost anything without a huge risk of cutting himself, I am not speaking about a fight with such a weaponry.
valid point, but still, he looks good for a lvl4 badass, so i included him
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
Deciton_Reven

Post by Deciton_Reven »

Aldarisvet wrote:
Rule of Cool, also WINR
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

what does WINR stand for?
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

ok
ForestDragon

Re: ForestDragon's Art (stuff for others to use)

Post by ForestDragon »

decided to work on another thing, which has been bugging a LOT of people: the fact that elvish civilian uses same images for both male and female version, and now, REJOICE fellow UMC creators, who use elvish civilian, i am glad to present you, the female elvish civilian:
longer hair, different shaped breast, base off Celtic Minstel's edition
longer hair, different shaped breast, base off Celtic Minstel's edition
civilian+female.png (2.24 KiB) Viewed 3499 times
bow anim by Celtic Minstrel
bow anim by Celtic Minstrel
civilian+female-bow.png (2.36 KiB) Viewed 3576 times
civilian+female-bow-2.png
civilian+female-bow-2.png (2.35 KiB) Viewed 3576 times
civilian+female-bow-3.png
civilian+female-bow-3.png (2.62 KiB) Viewed 3576 times
civilian+female-melee.png
civilian+female-melee.png (2.93 KiB) Viewed 3499 times
EDIT: replaced base and melee with ones from the comment below (now not visible), a few changes on the clothes to make them match bow and defend anims (i think it look good enough now)
Last edited by ForestDragon on April 3rd, 2016, 3:54 pm, edited 11 times in total.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

defend anim:
civilian+female-defend.png
civilian+female-defend.png (2.37 KiB) Viewed 3576 times
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

come on, comment pls
Last edited by ForestDragon on April 3rd, 2016, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

edited male civilian's defense anim. since it looks too similiar to female civilian's:
civilian-defend.png
civilian-defend.png (2.33 KiB) Viewed 3499 times
EDIT: same for bow frame:
civilian-bow.png
civilian-bow.png (2.35 KiB) Viewed 3464 times
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

decide to go into khalifate a bit, you know Oath of Allegiance (Kwandulin's khalifate campaign), and i decided to make a lvl 1 Athvari,called Athvari Apprentice, cuz let's face it, even they don't start off as professionals in their duty, you know:
athvari-apprentice.png
athvari-apprentice.png (3.22 KiB) Viewed 3453 times
athvari-apprentice-melee.png
athvari-apprentice-melee.png (4.6 KiB) Viewed 3453 times
skeptical_troll

Post by skeptical_troll »

The sprite looks very nice! I may be wrong, but I have the impression that the hat is too light compared to the rest, maybe some more shading and a stronger outline would help?

Also, I know it is painful, but when doing animations you'd really try to move the whole body, at least a bit, or in the game it will look like a robot or something, and will clash with the other units. I found the suggestions in this tutorial very useful, in that respect.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

thanks, oh and anything about elvish civilian's female version?
by the way, i also made a few anims for Death Lord (lvl4 Death Knight), once again, mostly weapon movement, but still:
death-lord-defend.png
death-lord-defend.png (7.85 KiB) Viewed 3445 times
perhaps the best one
perhaps the best one
death-lord-melee-1.png (9.05 KiB) Viewed 3445 times
death-lord-melee-2.png
death-lord-melee-2.png (7.56 KiB) Viewed 3445 times
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

a few more:
just what i used as the base for some anims
just what i used as the base for some anims
death-lord-noaxe.png (7.54 KiB) Viewed 3432 times
death-lord-crossbow-1.png
death-lord-crossbow-1.png (8.01 KiB) Viewed 3432 times
death-lord-crossbow-2.png
death-lord-crossbow-2.png (8.07 KiB) Viewed 3432 times
death-lord-defend-crossbow.png
death-lord-defend-crossbow.png (8.04 KiB) Viewed 3432 times
death-lord-melee-2.png
death-lord-melee-2.png (7.56 KiB) Viewed 3432 times