Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Chewan

Re: SlyVenom's Frankenportraits...

Post by Chewan »

@ Jeffers0n
where the plume touches the palm it looks like a knuckle to me
It is a knuckle: the plume slightly covers the space between the first and second knuckle of his left thumb which is curved around the staff... All right, the hand-posture is not the must comfortable one. The tendons of the original Lich were probably already loose and rotten, and as an Undead he did not feel the aching hand muscles...
part of his upper arm is visible - it would be quite unpleasant to push your arm that far back
Err... it's part of the Lich's second pair of arms. Who can tell whether they all end in the same shoulder joints...
Maybe the wizard should carry his staff in the 'front' arm, but this would need a lot more work.
ancient_lich.png
ancient_lich.png (52.74 KiB) Viewed 1910 times
Jeffers0n

Re: SlyVenom's Frankenportraits...

Post by Jeffers0n »

It is a knuckle: the plume slightly covers the space between the first and second knuckle of his left thumb which is curved around the staff...
No. if it is a left hand, that would be the palm of his hand. Anyway, I can see both a right and left hand there, so I think it would probably be best to change it a bit to make it look more like a left hand.
The tendons of the original Lich were probably already loose and rotten, and as an Undead he did not feel the aching hand muscles...
True, but in the frankenportrait it is held by a human who's tendons are still intact.
Err... it's part of the Lich's second pair of arms. Who can tell whether they all end in the same shoulder joints...
Yes, but it was turned into a normal human mage with two arms that presumably end in his shoulder joints.