Re: Vilkai Art Thread

Post by Bitron »

Reworked Watch/Guard/Sentinel. (:

ImageImageImage
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Bitron wrote:New Sprites for the Healer. The Alchemist will get huge changes in the next version. Actually it will no longer be an alchemist...
But they still need weapons... mnh...
Well, a staff might be the typical weapon for most healers and you don't seem to have impact damage for this faction yet. I don't know how they look ingame, but lvl1 and 2 might be not distinguishable enough.
The Guards look better now, my favourite is the lvl3 Sentinel.
Bitron
Developer

Post by Bitron »

Vyncyn wrote:Well, a staff might be the typical weapon for most healers and you don't seem to have impact damage for this faction yet.
I do have the "antlers" attack from the Deer Rider. It's a 7-2 impact attack with charge, so it is a pretty strong attack. There is also the Orcish Shaman in my Faction as an allied unit and with its arcane attack the faction is well served against Undeads. Im afraid more impact attacks will unbalance the matchup with undeads.

Oh, and actually they do have a "staff" attack. I just need to draw them. ^^
Vyncyn wrote:The Guards look better now, my favourite is the lvl3 Sentinel.
I like it as well. (:

If someone is interested in testing them, I've uploaded a new version just a few seconds ago.
Bitron
Developer

Post by Bitron »

Now with staff and some recolouring

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Bitron
Developer

Post by Bitron »

team colouring and some other improvements for the hunter, deerstalker and nimrod. (:

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
taptap

Post by taptap »

TC on fletching and in darkest spot between legs might not be visible enough to be worth the effort and cost in readability. It is also looking weird because the area seemed to be part of the fur cloak hanging from the shoulders all the way down (and it is the only part that changed color). Hunter now has a "piece of cloak" between the legs without any other part of a cloak visible, that looks weird (and removes a key visual difference to the deerstalker). I would try to put the TC in the fur lining of the boots instead or maybe the trousers or don't bother with TC at all. (The brightened up, less flat trousers look much better to me.)
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

i noticed that lvl2 doesn't change too much compared to lvl1 (applies to both archer and mage/alchemist lines) lvl3-4s look okay. you could give lvl2 a less grand-looking wolf-hat (probably the one of a lvl1 wolf), or something
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Bitron
Developer

Post by Bitron »

What about those ? (:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

The white wolf head on the last unit looks off. I think you should make the fur on his shoulders a bit whiter, so that it's easier to see the connection with the wolfhead.
Bitron
Developer

Post by Bitron »

Like this maybe?

ImageImage
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

A mixture of both versions maybe.
Pro of the new Version: Fur on his shoulders is more distinctive, "cape" isn't as flat as before
Con: Transition head-> shoulder is too fluent. I liked it more with the small dark line between head and shoulder.
In both Versions the hand on his bow is weird. If you put a few skincoloured pixels where his fingers are supposed to be it would be clearer that he grabs his bow (like the lvl1 archer).
taptap

Post by taptap »

The L1 is much improved by the removal of the cloak bit between the legs and moving the team color elsewhere. I rather liked the original pose, looks more natural, but I guess the pose contributes to readability.

I did like your original concept of L1 - nothing, L2 - cloak, L3 - black wolf head, i.e. shape and color difference each time without need for biggerism. Now the difference between L2 and L3 has to be in size and color, while shape is similar, and you need yet sth. else for the L4 units in the faction. Either way, you have gone a long way since the early drafts.

If you look for another spot to put in TC, maybe string silencers could work out on the longbows. (E.g. http://www.lx-archerie.fr/String-silencer-Funny-Puff)
Bitron
Developer

Post by Bitron »

previous: Image new: Image or (TC): Image

removed the wolf-hat for L2..
ImageImageImage
Last edited by Bitron on August 12th, 2016, 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taptap

Post by taptap »

I obviously like the string silencer :)
Bitron
Developer

Post by Bitron »

The Nimrod now wears a short sword as well (: