Bitron's Art Thread

Make art for user-made content.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Post Reply
User avatar
Bitron
Moderator
Posts: 360
Joined: October 19th, 2015, 9:23 am
Location: Germany

Re: Bitron's Art Thread

Post by Bitron » June 23rd, 2017, 9:22 pm

I darkened the hair colour from the "bitten" slightly since they haven't been vampires for a long time, so the hair did not changed so drastically yet.
Image

Aaaand.. guess what:
Image

User avatar
taptap
Forum Regular
Posts: 971
Joined: October 6th, 2011, 5:42 pm

Re: Bitron's Art Thread

Post by taptap » June 24th, 2017, 12:14 pm

I hope you do not expect too much in terms of helpful replies for redraws.

I like the texture on the shirt, the belt on the original was good and is missing here. All the TC-underwear will not be very visible when it isn't magenta but blue, black, green etc. in the game. Personally, I really like the look of the halfblood unit line, especially that it carries the bow in a much more natural position than most of Wesnoth's "look I have a bow" archers. So I would redraw more inspired by the in game halfblood and maybe change face / dress, but stay on similar lines with the bow and stance.
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.

User avatar
Bitron
Moderator
Posts: 360
Joined: October 19th, 2015, 9:23 am
Location: Germany

Re: Bitron's Art Thread

Post by Bitron » June 26th, 2017, 12:05 pm

taptap wrote:I hope you do not expect too much in terms of helpful replies for redraws.
Not really, no. :P
taptap wrote:the belt on the original was good and is missing here.
I'll add them again.
I really like the look of the halfblood unit line, especially that it carries the bow in a much more natural position than most of Wesnoth's "look I have a bow" archers. So I would redraw more inspired by the in game halfblood and maybe change face / dress, but stay on similar lines with the bow and stance.
I will have a look what I can do. Currently I just experiment a little with the general theme. The Story is that a few vampires start to raise an actual, organized army of vampires, so they will be more warlike.

Here is a first attempt of the new fullblood - the "standard fighter".
ImageImage
(old/new)

-Falcon
Posts: 20
Joined: September 18th, 2017, 5:51 am

Re: Bitron's Art Thread

Post by -Falcon » September 18th, 2017, 1:16 pm

Bitron wrote:
taptap wrote:I hope you do not expect too much in terms of helpful replies for redraws.
Not really, no. :P
taptap wrote:the belt on the original was good and is missing here.
I'll add them again.
I really like the look of the halfblood unit line, especially that it carries the bow in a much more natural position than most of Wesnoth's "look I have a bow" archers. So I would redraw more inspired by the in game halfblood and maybe change face / dress, but stay on similar lines with the bow and stance.
I will have a look what I can do. Currently I just experiment a little with the general theme. The Story is that a few vampires start to raise an actual, organized army of vampires, so they will be more warlike.

Here is a first attempt of the new fullblood - the "standard fighter".
ImageImage
(old/new)
The new one's blade seems to be bent at the hilt.
Check out my art thread!

User avatar
Bitron
Moderator
Posts: 360
Joined: October 19th, 2015, 9:23 am
Location: Germany

Re: Bitron's Art Thread

Post by Bitron » April 22nd, 2018, 1:36 pm

Finally got around to try drawing wings. Hard piece of work, but here they are:
ImageImage

User avatar
ghype
Posts: 99
Joined: December 13th, 2016, 4:43 pm

Re: Bitron's Art Thread

Post by ghype » April 22nd, 2018, 7:02 pm

just now realised your Feral Vilkai has TC on the claws.

very innovative and especially very good looking. i like it.
post sprites & stuff every day: ghype's Daily Art
destroying enemy castle here: Orcish Castle - Destroyed

Post Reply