Merlin's Sprites

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
MerlinCross

Merlin's Sprites

Post by MerlinCross »

So I've fiddled around with the creation side of this and it's interesting. Starting to get some ideas going about what kinds of campaigns I'd like to make. This here is a topic for any sprite work I might come up with. Also, if I go long enough I might just put links to all of them in the first post, if that is allowed. That out of the way, here we go.

So first thing that popped into my head was a Troll campaign, with the idea of "What if a group of trolls were forced to militarize?", probably against either their orcish 'allies' or another group. Here's a few well frankensprites I whipped up as concept.

Now the idea is after they promote they either use new weapons, or tack on bits off armor. Hence the pauldrons. Things I know I need to do;
1) Make the pauldrons look less tacked on.
2) Fix the hands, espcially on the bow troll. His are terrible but wanted to get him out there anyway.

So thoughts, opinions, suggestions? Oh and also suggestions on how to upload. I tend to use photobucket but had no idea what kind of background color to go with so I just went transparent. Oh final thing, the bits were taken from Bad Moon Rising, and Invasion from the Unknown..., in case I need to say that. I'll knock them off/redo them if I have to.
MerlinCross

Re: Merlin's Sprites

Post by MerlinCross »

I hate double posting, but made up some more Frankensteins.

Undead this time, which was another campaign idea that popped into my head. I tried to make the black cloaked one look right but unsure how'd you show an arm coming out from under a cloak. Also the bottom guy is lasted to be the leader/hero unit. Need to fix his rag hood but kinda pleased with him.... and the hands too.

Thoughts?
maksiu

Post by maksiu »

Graphics nice although I missing something, too many are free. Trolls really nice, keep it up :D
My addons - Phoenix Era
MerlinCross

Post by MerlinCross »

Eh I haven't sprited in awhile(and not in this style) so I tend to use other sprites as a jumping off point.

I'll have some new stuff up in a day or two.
FaeLord

Post by FaeLord »

Yeah, I like those trolls too. Got a zip of 'em? I'd like to use some. Keep me posted on future incarnations too if you can.
Wesnoth stole my summer . . . again.
Plastic1

Post by Plastic1 »

Really nice, i like especially this archer:) keep up good work:)