Kwandulin's Art

Make art for user-made content.

Moderators: Developers, Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:

Re: Kwandulin's Art

Postby doofus-01 » April 3rd, 2017, 4:30 am

Just curious, what are the fuzzy black balls supposed to be?

(since I'm starting a new page, this is the image):
Caution: "Might contain slightly nsfw content":
Bad Moon Rising(BfW 1.12 supported, but new work in BfW 1.13 only) | Trinity(BfW 1.12 only) | Archaic Era(BfW 1.12 & 1.13) | Tales of the Setting Sun(On Hold/Abandoned)
GitHub link for these projects
doofus-01
Art Contributor

Postby Kwandulin » April 3rd, 2017, 1:25 pm

Magical black balls! I'm not 100% sure what to do with them (depends on how it turns out WML-wise). Either
a) they protect the high priestress against incoming attacks: 4 spheres are floating around her and she must be attacked 4 times before a unit can actually damage her (refreshes every turn)
or
b) they are some kind of embellishment for the Black Lake. I want the underworld to look really strange and magical and I think floating balls can help with that. As a deep elf returns to Shassagoth (big magical creature that they serve) once they die, the black balls could resemble those "returning" deep elves.
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Postby UnwiseOwl » April 3rd, 2017, 3:25 pm

Also, you know. Keeps the content rating of the images down :)
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.
UnwiseOwl

Postby Sapient » April 3rd, 2017, 4:47 pm

UnwiseOwl wrote:Also, you know. Keeps the content rating of the images down :)

Yeah. It took a lot of "balls" to post that image here. Haha.

It's a really beautiful elf, and your skills seem to be improving more and more.

But on a serious note, there are a lot of different types of people who lurk on the art forum (people at work, religious people, kids under strict rules for internet usage) and it would be nice if-- as a favor to them-- you could put such content in a partial nudity warning and spoiler tag.

edit: I see you have done that now. Thanks.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Sapient
Developer

Postby Kwandulin » April 13th, 2017, 10:45 am

Some size and colour adjustments to the wyvern riders to differentiate them easier:
wyverns.png
wyverns.png (23.77 KiB) Viewed 869 times

Also the Masun and Maeqil, which I've never posted here. The Masun is an alternative advancement for the Arif in OoA. He protects nearby allies and can knockback enemies.
masun_maeqil.png
masun_maeqil.png (5.62 KiB) Viewed 869 times

Both base on sleepwalker's work
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Postby The_Gnat » April 14th, 2017, 11:05 pm

AWESOME! 8) I love the new sprites (they might not be totally new but this is the first time i have seen such great khalifates)
The_Gnat

Postby Kwandulin » April 23rd, 2017, 9:25 am

More landscapes
Attachments
tower.jpg
peril.jpg
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Postby ForestDragon » April 23rd, 2017, 9:32 am

you are getting better and better! :D i love the first one!
ForestDragon

Postby The_Gnat » April 28th, 2017, 6:54 am

Yes these are great scenes, though not with as much detail as some mainline pictures they are better in a mysterious way 8)
The_Gnat

Postby Kwandulin » May 7th, 2017, 3:58 pm

"The burning hordes from the Far North have arrived, pillaging our lands and destroying our home. While many of our kind died to protect our woods, the spirits of the forests, our own brothers and sisters, left us all alone. But that is not how our line will end. Voices from the forbidden parts of Lintanir forest have promised us far greater powers. A gift that we cannot turn down. When we accepted it, we knew that the night would fall again and cover the flames of destruction."

Sneak peek for a new, medium-length UMC for the upcoming Wesnoth 1.14, featuring the deep elves faction.
lintanir.png
lintanir.png (270.58 KiB) Viewed 412 times
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Postby Paulomat4 » May 7th, 2017, 5:45 pm

hyped

Also the Story Art Looks really cool
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Paulomat4
Forum Regular

Postby Kwandulin » May 13th, 2017, 9:58 am

Rhamuniel, also known as the White Elf, is the spiritual leader of the eastern elves of Lintanir, as he once faced the evil hidden inside the forbidden parts of Lintanir - and survived. Unfortunately, he lost his eyesight then.

Bases on Jetrel's+Zerovirus' work.
Attachments
rhamuniel-bg.png
rhamuniel-bg.png (6.23 KiB) Viewed 286 times
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Postby The_Gnat » May 13th, 2017, 11:48 pm

That is a really great sprite. Perhaps you could make versions with different opacity of brightness in the halo. Then you could animate the halo lighting up and then dimming back for a standing animation. This is just an idea 8)
The_Gnat

Postby doofus-01 » May 14th, 2017, 3:31 am

Kwandulin wrote:Sneak peek for a new, medium-length UMC for the upcoming Wesnoth 1.14, featuring the deep elves faction
That looks cool, I like what you did with the berries & shrubs. I'd make the foreground tree & branches solid though, like a silhouette; the translucent branches kind of break the nicely done effects of the rest of the image. Even if the trees are supposed to be translucent, the outlines would still be mostly solid.
Bad Moon Rising(BfW 1.12 supported, but new work in BfW 1.13 only) | Trinity(BfW 1.12 only) | Archaic Era(BfW 1.12 & 1.13) | Tales of the Setting Sun(On Hold/Abandoned)
GitHub link for these projects
doofus-01
Art Contributor

Postby Kwandulin » May 14th, 2017, 7:44 pm

Another dirty speedpaint: a forest spirit. Working title: "At least no tentacles". I might redo this one later, when I've improved, as I like the composition of the image.
nightfall-2.jpg

Also an evil never-do-well that lurks in the depths of the Great Continent. Looks like a forest spirit, but is not one. Caution: can make people explode with a finger snap, do not touch.
nightfall-3.jpg
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Art Workshop