ChaosRider arts!!!

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
ChaosRider

Re: ChaosRider arts!!!

Post by ChaosRider »

4th lvl for drake blademaster (right now im not sure to the name of this unit)

Drake Kensai
kensai 2.png
kensai 2.png (5.17 KiB) Viewed 6705 times
other option for kensai (which is better this or this one higher posted?)
kensai.png
kensai.png (5.58 KiB) Viewed 6705 times
Diffrences between Kensai & Blademaster
image.png
image.png (8.75 KiB) Viewed 6741 times
I didnt make animation, not yet so if anyone wish to do this feel free, i think soon i will do it by my self... also if anyone got some other name for this 4th lvl im able to change this picked by me.
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
dipseydoodle

Post by dipseydoodle »

Whoah those are cool. I definatly like the one on the top though the second one may be easier for non-artists to pick apart as fae as the armor goes.
firefox

Post by firefox »

Awesome! :D
I prefer the bottom one,though.
The skull-like breasplate is just too different from the rest of the armor.
may the source be with you
=(^.^)= nyan~
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

firefox wrote:Awesome! :D
I prefer the bottom one,though.
The skull-like breasplate is just too different from the rest of the armor.
Part of that is the skull is too big and faces the player too much, so the perspective is off. It should be smaller and seen at more of an angle.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

I just tried to do something similar to Armageddon Drake (from which i took that skull), i will work on version without this skull. Here you have aura created from rails (smaller version is here: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 82#p565682)
Spoiler:
Attachments
Rail Aura Big.rar
(6.69 MiB) Downloaded 466 times
Rail Aura Big.gif
Rail Aura Big.gif (1.75 MiB) Viewed 6579 times
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

The main problem is that it needs a lot more frames. Also I think you should add 2 more layers of the same thing and make them rotate across different axises like this:
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Medium Rail Aura(just created, other two were created long time ago...):
Medium Rail Aura.gif
Medium Rail Aura.gif (764.39 KiB) Viewed 6560 times
Medium Rail Aura.rar
(2.85 MiB) Downloaded 410 times
Spoiler:
And now also mixed rail aura:
Mixed Rail Aura.gif
Mixed Rail Aura.gif (1.1 MiB) Viewed 6555 times
Mixed Rail Aura.rar
(4.17 MiB) Downloaded 457 times
Spoiler:
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Right now i dont have much time for wesnoth and anything else related to this, but i decided to create something... 4th lvl for Orcish Sovereign, Orcish Emperor (Cesarz).

Animation:
emperor.rar
(52.63 KiB) Downloaded 379 times
emperor.gif
emperor.gif (23.35 KiB) Viewed 6351 times
Spoiler:
emperor.png
emperor.png (5.32 KiB) Viewed 6449 times

This below ignore, i posted it cause i couldnt post it in one of topics so thats why its here (in this topic where i cant upload it i just written link to it)
Spoiler:
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

And next images ;]...
Spoiler:
Sphere Horror (next lvl for Nightgaunt)
sphere horror.gif
sphere horror.gif (7.84 KiB) Viewed 6256 times
sphere horror.rar
(21.96 KiB) Downloaded 361 times
GL_Network

Post by GL_Network »

I like your art. We don't have enough UMC unit sprites with animations. For the things I've noticed, the orcish emperor's arms look a bit cartoonish. An attempt to correct it myself has confirmed that this was due to the line at elbow-level (which shouldn't cut through the whole arm, just on the edges). I'd like to post the corrected image, but being new on the forum, I don't know how to do it yet.

The Sphere Horror looks cool, but I think the lower part of the body should move more. The nightgaunt's sprite appears the be meant to spin on itself, not sure how to do this though.

Edit : Figured it out now. Changed nothing but the arms, but I feel it is more realistic this way.
emperor.png
emperor.png (5.3 KiB) Viewed 6147 times
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

When i will have more free time and enought own will then i will try somehow upgrade my animations :P, this with Emperor and Sphere Horror, but now i would like to post below 4th lvl Saurian Warchief:
warchief.gif
warchief.gif (5.6 KiB) Viewed 6073 times
warchief.rar
(15.65 KiB) Downloaded 357 times

And now also animation for Decimator:
decimator.gif
decimator.gif (9.61 KiB) Viewed 5973 times
decimator.7z
(26.1 KiB) Downloaded 380 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Shading needs work on most of these, but the "decimator" does look cool. Just looking at the GIF, I don't see any swoosh? I think the attack would be more powerful-looking if you put some weapon swooshes on the last frame.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

A frame where the flails are overhead would also help us read the movement better.
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Well, im not best in shading :P, but here i can post animation for goblin king, 3 lvl:
goblin king.gif
goblin king.gif (14.81 KiB) Viewed 5753 times
goblin king.7z
(28.11 KiB) Downloaded 382 times
Besides 3 lvl leadership he have also ability to convince other enemy goblins to join his side at his turn start (100% for 0 lvls, 50% for 1 lvls, 25% for 2 lvls, 12.5% for 3 lvls, 6.25% for 4 lvls, 3.125% for 5 lvls - with race goblin!!!).

Edit:

Also now here you can check animation for Soulless Siege Mauler:
soulless_siegemauler.gif
soulless_siegemauler.gif (6.59 KiB) Viewed 5704 times
soulless_siegemauler.7z
(19.13 KiB) Downloaded 379 times
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Here i post in gif all created by me animations (ofcourse some of them aint created in 100% by me (by this i mean for example that i didnt make of some units base images but i created animations for it)), its gonna be avaible in addon "Modified World Conquest Part 2" v0.1.2 which isnt now avaible (with this version "0.1.2") on wesnoth server.
All.gif
All.gif (301.66 KiB) Viewed 5698 times
Edit: MWC Part 2 v0.1.2 is already avaible on wesnoth server :P.
Last edited by ChaosRider on May 25th, 2014, 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.