Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
ChaosRider

Re: ChaosRider arts!!!

Post by ChaosRider »

Dorimen wrote:
Piko555 wrote:I feel like the color pattern is too shallow and boring, what makes him look too flat. Bigger contrast and hue shifting would make it look way better. The sprite itself also suffers from the lack of detail, i think some scars would fit thematically and make him look cooler overall. ;)
Thanks for the hints you indirectly gave me! It was me who created the base some time ago as a giant made of sand!
This is the original:
sand_colossus_p.png
I no longer use it anyway but do you have any other suggestion? :)
1. Everyone is basing on something, you created your own version, I created my own. I'm sure you was also basing on something.
2. I took this image from other nick player which was diffrent than your long time ago.
3. If you did this "sand giant" you should create your own topic with arts.
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
Dorimen

Post by Dorimen »

I'm not saying you've done bad ;)
Sorry for disturbing your topic.
DeviantArt Profile
My project: Stickmen Era
Coming soon project: The Chaos Lord- a campaign with the Stickmen Era
--The measure of a man is what he does with power--
Nikita_Sadkov

Post by Nikita_Sadkov »

ChaosRider wrote: Also i created 4 lvl for sun protector by modifying already existing as a gif file unit. I dont remember where exactly i found it, but now its available in MWC v1.4.7.
gold protector.gif
That is Infantry Lieutenant by rhyging5
http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 9&p=454948

And example of another well done sprite with autistic attention to detail, missing from the Wesnoth's core. Although you have butchered it a little, so the palette now looks broken :D