Nintendo sprites?

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Boss1138

Nintendo sprites?

Post by Boss1138 »

I'm new here, and I'm wondering if anyone has made any Nintendo sprites. You know, Link, Samus, maybe Mario. I'm specifically looking for Samus. And, can you create your own custom character? I would love to make a custom Samus and Link. Any help appreciated! Thanks! :mrgreen:
"Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: "With great power comes great responsibility." This is my gift, my curse. Who am I? I'm Spiderman." ~Spider-Man
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Re: Nintendo sprites?

Post by Sapient »

Welcome to the forums.
I suggest you familiarize yourself with the relevant copyright issues and read the Legal Notes in the "Read This First" announcement. Also, this was posted in the wrong forum. Like a boss.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Boss1138

Post by Boss1138 »

Had a feeling it would be! Thanks. :lol2:
"Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: "With great power comes great responsibility." This is my gift, my curse. Who am I? I'm Spiderman." ~Spider-Man
Boss1138

Post by Boss1138 »

So if this is the wrong place, where the heck am I supposed to put it?
Patch

Post by Patch »

I think they moved you from Art Contribution(Art for Wesnoth default factions) to Art Workshop(Art for anything, not only default).
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Here's a Create link for you:
http://wiki.wesnoth.org/Create
(also accessible from the top of this webpage)

Go there then scroll down to "Units" and "Art". That is all you need to get started on creating new unit types with custom artwork.

You could also try scrounging around the web for sprites of those characters. Since they are so popular it would be difficult not to find something. But be aware of the legal issues involved and the relevant posting guidelines.

Finally, since it is for personal use and not for GPL use of the Wesnoth community, I wouldn't expect much assistance on this project from the Wesnoth community.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Boss1138

Post by Boss1138 »

@Sangre Yeah, I was kind of getting a 'Twilight Zone' vibe...

@Sapient Thanks! I guess I will have to go it alone, huh? :?