Vyncyn's sprites

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
SFault

Re: Vyncyn sprites Mountain-humans

Post by SFault »

The previous version had much better texture for the feathers. This one looks more like a hay stack. Also, the sword looks quite weird next to his face. Maybe you should put it in the other hand.
segmentation fault
EBfW, GtR, Art, Old art
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

SFault wrote:The previous version had much better texture for the feathers. This one looks more like a hay stack. Also, the sword looks quite weird next to his face. Maybe you should put it in the other hand.
I can´t switch the swordhand, because the bird sits on his other arm, but I think I found a solution for the sword and the wing problem.
Attachments
The wings need a better shading and I will change his pose a bit (he kinda looks like batman)
The wings need a better shading and I will change his pose a bit (he kinda looks like batman)
birdman-4.png (3.27 KiB) Viewed 12177 times
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

When I get some time I can offer up some suggestions in terms of pose and adding purple shadows as a contrast to the browns. It's a difficult character to resolve I think, there is a lot going on in a very small pixel space. :geek:
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

I have been thinking about 2 different poses for the birdman and I made new sprites for the scouts.
Spoiler:
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Here are my latest sprites. I finished the golem evolution and chaneged some parts of other units.
Spoiler:
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

Looking good, but the golems could use some more hue-shifting in their palettes, possibly a bit higher contrast as well
(I'm assuming they're constructed from rock?). The lvl 3 also suffers from 'jaggies.' Adding some quick AA would take care of that problem.

That giant bird in the middle is awesome, looking forward to seeing where you go with that. 8)
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

Did you consider to flip the robe from 2lvl to 3lvl mage?
Would be more inline with the rest.
More consistency with the palette for all sprites would be cool. This especially with regards towards metal/grey colors and the golem line.

Nice jobs. Where are the values?
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

artisticdude wrote:Looking good, but the golems could use some more hue-shifting in their palettes, possibly a bit higher contrast as well
(I'm assuming they're constructed from rock?). The lvl 3 also suffers from 'jaggies.' Adding some quick AA would take care of that problem.

That giant bird in the middle is awesome, looking forward to seeing where you go with that. 8)
Did some AA on the lvl 3. I still need to work on the palette, but I´ve other projects I work on, so it may take some time till I finish the golems and the bird.
golem-rock-old.png
golem-rock-new.png
Wussel wrote:Did you consider to flip the robe from 2lvl to 3lvl mage?
Would be more inline with the rest.
More consistency with the palette for all sprites would be cool. This especially with regards towards metal/grey colors and the golem line.

Nice jobs. Where are the values?
The robes are Frankensteined and I planned to make new ones for them.
I want to change many of the sprites later (especially lvl3 wolfwarrior and the scouts). Therefore I will adjust the palettes.
The golems are made from different materials (earth, stone and natural rock). I need to use different colours for them, but I will add some magenta hues later. Maybe they will look more consistently afterwards.
The values are very unbalanced right now. Before I release the whole faction I need to add some more units and change the stats. Here are the (nearly finished) values of the golems.
Spoiler:
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Had a little time for the sprites. The Mages now have new robes.
It probably will take some time before i can post the finished faction.
Attachments
mage.png
mage.png (1.68 KiB) Viewed 11553 times
wise.png
wise.png (1.71 KiB) Viewed 11553 times
Jeffers0n

Post by Jeffers0n »

The bird's tail looks like a hand pointing at something
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Finished the lvl 3 mage, the Bird is still in progress
eremit3.png
eremit3.png (2 KiB) Viewed 11450 times
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

I finally finished the bird and did some changes on other units.
Spoiler:
Chief_Chasso

Post by Chief_Chasso »

Hi Vyncyn, these are really good sprites you posted. One thing that stands out to me is the bird's shadow. I wouldn't think it would a perfect oval shape. Maybe more irregular shaped similar to the bird's body. Nice work though.
SP Campaign: Rally For Roanic
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

I think i finished the faction. I added 5 more units and changed some existing images. I may change the rock golem eventually, but for now i'm done. Only thing left to do is balancing the units to fit into mainline. Feel free to comment if you see something that needs to be fixed.
Spoiler:
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Your 1 lvl bird lvlup to 4-5 lvl by one advance? His next form is enought huge for so high lvls.
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.