Example of not useable.

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
jeffgreen

Example of not useable.

Post by jeffgreen »

I'm not a lawyer (or an artist). I certainly don't own the copyright of the poster. It wasn't my idea to place it where it was. I just took the photo and thought it might be useful. (I was thinking of the Gladiatrix parts of LOTI)

If those of you who understand these things think it infringes copyright - feel free to delete the post. If it is allowed then do with it what you will.

This is what Imgur call a large thumbnail. I'll post the link to the full size image if anyone wants it.
Last edited by jeffgreen on March 29th, 2013, 5:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Feel free to delete

Post by Iris »

This is for some add-on, right? Moving to Art Workshop.

If I understand correctly, this is a photo of a painting you found somewhere. I am not a lawyer, but even though you retain your copyright on the photo because you took it (and possibly retouched it) yourself, the copyright on the painting itself still belongs to the original painter/commissioner/etc. unless they explicitly released it to the public domain (or the local equivalent for the jurisdiction where the work was published).

So nope, probably not usable. I would rather not delete this topic, though, because it could serve as future reference if you can think of a better subject for the first post and edit it.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
jeffgreen

Re: Example of not useable.

Post by jeffgreen »

I've changed the title. Thanks for the feedback.
Dugi

Re: Example of not useable.

Post by Dugi »

That's a pity, the 'caged girl' would have a nice metaphoric relation to that part of the story.