Ready Stance for Mage

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Flameslash

Ready Stance for Mage

Post by Flameslash »

I was looking in the Art Development area of the forum, admiring the art, when I saw a post about giving the Rouge a 'ready stance' when it's near enemies, and decided to try to make one for the Mage.
Attachments
Mage Ready Stance.png
Mage Ready Stance.png (1.69 KiB) Viewed 3540 times
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ready Stance for Mage

Post by Thrawn »

Flame, this is the sort of thing that belongs in art workshop, at least until you get a bit more experienced at the pixel pushing.

I'll leave the critique to those more recently versed w/ pixelart, but a few quick things:

1) long straight lines/tubes (the viewers' left sleeve) look unnatural and 'off'

2) the shading of that arm makes it looks almost like a 2x4 board, the way the highlights outline a rectangle, which further reinforces the problem from point 1.

Good luck working on this!^_^
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

I have no idea what he is doing, it should be obvious from the image. His right hand is very weird, looks like a block or log. I don't like the magic glow/smoke/bubbles, if such a thing is appropriate at all then it should be animated, it should certainly not be still
Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

I got rid of the magic sparkles, and tried to make the arm look less like a board. I also made his eyes glow TC, as glowing eyes are a common way of showing magic in some fantasy.
Attachments
Mage Ready Stance.png
Mage Ready Stance.png (1.73 KiB) Viewed 3525 times