New VillageTypes

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
MetalKing

New VillageTypes

Post by MetalKing »

I like the WindMill as VillageType really. Sadly the WindMills can't change their Direction to turn into the Wind similar a Unit could look into a specific Direction.

I would also greatyl enjoy WaterMills as Embellishment resp. as VillageType.

I found inside a(ny) Campaign a Taver. I woullke to change/extend it into a VillageType.

I found an Anvil but sadly no Building I would recognize as Forge. I would need that as VillageType.

There is an SceneryItem "Tent with 'extincted' CampFire in Fron". And there is an animated CampFire. I would salute if there is a smaller CampFire matching to the Tent, the Tent without the FirePlace but both modular that the Tent can get extended with the FirePlace with and withoutFire. E.g. if I place (that) a second Tent it looks odd that it haves also is personal CampFire.

I hope the Editor could anytime support SignPosts with editing its Directions resp. the necessary Code travels into MainLine that anyone can use that inside Maps without touching an TextEditor. At Present the normal Experience is: it's there in the Editor and looks fine, it gets placed, the Map gets tested and fail by these nice Enhancements. That's sad.

- bye, MK
"Sir! We are surrounded by our enemies!" - "Excellent ! We can attack in every direction!"
"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." -- Albert Einstein
No Source - No Binary - No Trust!
Map Wesnoth Springs - The great War [200x120],Player=9
Adamant14

Re: New VillageTypes

Post by Adamant14 »

I totally agree.

Here is my last post:
http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=36403
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Go ahead and make some art, then.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
MetalKing

Post by MetalKing »

At first I have to find the small Tent with extincted CampFire. I can't find it anymore. Can anyone tell me its Location/Name?

I think I could get it done if I have that File.
"Sir! We are surrounded by our enemies!" - "Excellent ! We can attack in every direction!"
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

This?
tent2.png
tent2.png (6.28 KiB) Viewed 4109 times

Path: data/core/images/terrain/castle/encampment
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
MetalKing

Post by MetalKing »

excellent! exactly that! :) Will start Work eventoday ;)

*edit*

There is also a nice fine animated Fountain I would like to use without touching WML.

Related to Animations is this: I advice to create Folders for single Animations as this improve the Handling of Directories /DirectoryTrees. It's not useful if I open a Folder to look inside and GUI-Performance of FileBrowser goes down to SlideShow due to it have Trouble to deal that Amount. At all Ways if the FileBrowser can deal it or it can't I don't want to see all but find that what I'm looking for. I don't need to see that Mausoleum have 20 Pictures at first Moment but that there is an animated Mausoleum.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

fountain-animated-1.png
fountain-animated-1.png (7.68 KiB) Viewed 4050 times
shadowblack

Post by shadowblack »

Isn't that the fountain from RPG Maker XP?
You are a Dark Adept: You immerse yourself in the dark arts... potentially with great rewards...
MetalKing

Post by MetalKing »

I see that Fountain first Time. I would add it to MainLine due to Objects like this change (somewhat) a static Map into a dynamic Map. Is it possible to change a Fountain to heal? The Story is: the Fountain have some magical/healthy Water and Units around can drink and heal. I won't to have that that for each Fountain but a single one (unique Object) is ok.

From which Campaign it is exactly? I find another Fountain even nicer .. to nice to Villages but fine for Cities :)

I did download the Tent as I didn't find it in my TarBall.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

I copied the image from a UMC, can't remember which.

Maybe useful for you, a spring.
spring.png
spring.png (2.72 KiB) Viewed 4016 times
Found in UMC too, in Bobs RPG Era.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Moved to Art Workshop for visibility.

Just noting, musketaquid did develop a fountain prop that was meant for mainline and got Jetrel’s green-light, but not the author’s.
Adamant14 wrote:I copied the image from a UMC, can't remember which.
That doesn’t sound good, considering that UMC authors occasionally grab content without ensuring they have an adequate license to do so.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

Adamant14 wrote:I copied the image from a UMC, can't remember which.
It is included in RPG Resources by PapaSmurfReloaded. I don't know where it originally comes from, though.
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

shadowmaster wrote:That doesn’t sound good, considering that UMC authors occasionally grab content without ensuring they have an adequate license to do so.
Dang, good point. I'd used that fountain too, and noticed it looked like it had been scaled down from a larger image.

Sounds like there is a project for anyone wanting to contribute but thinking they can't draw well enough: resource vetting for a safe "resources" add-on.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Moderator Emeritus

Post by 8680 »

I reported RPG Resources for copyright infringement in early May last year, but nothing seems to have been done about it.
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

I was always under the impression that a number of the images in the RPG Resources add-on were rendered 3D models. In fact, I'm almost certain some of them are, because I've seen the same 3D models rendered to create icons for some of Spiderweb Software's commercial RPG games.
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."