Characteristics of Grycians:
- All female
- All gryphon riders
- Trading for stamina, Grycian gryphons are slow fliers, though still faster than foot soldiers.
- Most Grycians are well-versed in bard skills such as singing.
- Grycian gryphons has been trained to fly for days during battle with little rest, land units can virtually never catch them on the ground
- Reliant on ranged attacks, though a few specialize in melee combat
- villages don't heal Grycians
- Long distance random enemy mind frying: minor HP damage and moderate exp drain (Mind Slayer)
- Most units costly.
- Need to have a unit on village at turn refresh to gain gold from it.
- When abandoning a village, the village will not be functional for a complete turn.
- When killing an enemy adjacent to a "scavenger" unit, gain gold equal to half of victim's cost.
Gryphon Trainee (lvl0)
Youngest warriors in the tribes, yet naive to the art of combat.
Movement and Defense same as Gryphon rider.
Tribal Warrior (lvl1)
Initiated warriors in the tribes, but yet to prove themselves in battle.
Movement and Defense same as Gryphon rider.
Winged Harpy, Winged Fury (dino x pterosaur)
Grycian Bow, Grycian Sharpsight (normal gryphon, green-white gryphon)
Grycian Wailer, Grycian Siren (sphinx-cat x bat)
Grycian Adept, Sky Nymph, Thunder Sylph (blue-white gryphon, thunder helmet)
Gryphon Racer, Wind Slicer, Song Chaser (Leopard x falcon)
Flying Bard, Soaring Poet, Cyclone Oracle (white owl gryphon)
Grycian Javalin, Piercing Rain (normal gryphon, Red-white gryphon)
Storm Pack, Tornado Troupe, Tempest Carrier (dino x
Other factions ideas in the plans:
- All male
- Both Technologically advanced and Magically inclined, but Most do not enjoy physical combat
- Sophisticated and philosophical
- Mostly magical and mechanical units.
- Carrion Carriers obtain dead bodies from staying in villages or adjacent to enemy being killed, and they use dead bodies to heal adjacent allied Skloans (right click skill).
- Mine laying (Mine layers)
- Skloan settlements enhance damage of adjacent Skloans
- Always start with 50% more gold than opponents
- Core units are costly but powerful
- Some units take an extra turn (while still occupying the castle hex) to be summoned/constructed.
- Regular villages do not work for Skloans
- Skloan settlers (slow and vulnerable units) must take one full turn to settle regular villages as Skloan Settlement (a hex occupying unit that has only defensive attacks), to produce gold. When converting, rebels appear from city and automatically join a random non-Skloan, non-Swam side. Enemies must destroy the Skloan Settlement to reclaim the village.
- Carrion Carriers can sell stored bodies to Skloan Settlements for extra cash.
- Mechanical lines are upgraded by having a mechanic next to mechanical unit for 4 turns and 10 turns for lvl 2 and 3 upgrade, respectively, cost gold each turn.
_Skloan Plebe, Minelayer, Explosive Expert, Detonation Maniac
_Skloan Plebe, Flame Thrower, Blazing Dragoon
_Skloan Plebe, Magic Grenadier, Magic Launcher, Devastator
Spider Drone, Android, Titan (mechanical line)
Flicker, Ray Gun, Beam Cannon (mechanical line)
Academy Junior, Medical Student, Medical Resident, Medical Practitioner (Academy junior is lvl 0. Heals non-mechs)
_Academy Junior, Star Gazer, Astronomer, Cosmologist
_Academy Junior, Mechanical Initiate, Mechanical Expert, Mechanical Professor (R click to enable/disable upgrade mode. heals mechs)
Carrion Carrier, Gutting Chimera, Meat Grinder (R click to heal adjacent units or to sell bodies)
_Carrion Carrier, Blazing Oven, Inferno Grill
- Mythical creatures chop suey, wide variety
- No level 3 units
- Units generally weaker and more expensive than corresponding peers of their level.
- Slow startup due to requirement in transformation of wisps into buildings required for hiring/recalling corresponding units
- Buildings can only be built on appropriate terrains (limited terrain type will limit unit types available)
- Presence of various Pylon buildings improves corresponding stats of all friendly Enchanted units on the field
- Buildings can be destroyed by enemies
- Insects and worms
- Recruited units start out as larvae (Unit recall is normal)
- Choose larvae's final form and they turn into cocoons
- General cocoons hatch automatically
- Special cocoons requires manual hatching, and each turn the cocoon absorbs extra gold. The resultant creature from these cocoons gain extra hp for extra incubation turns
- Most swarm creatures inflict poison or slow, or a combination
- A special land unit with carrier ability of land units, a land unit with carrier ability of flying units
- Queens with auto-spawning of lvl0's, require sacrifice of several larvae
- typically fast
- small bugs impact vulnerable, large bugs impact resistant
- all units regenerate
- poison vulnerability +3 damages
- units unable to move and attack unless Ganglion Carriers are adjacent
- Special land/air units with transport ability
- all units loyal, but ganglions drain 1 exp per turn from queen, queen loses hp if drain causes exp to become negative.
- Unit production do not use gold, uses queen's exp instead. Queen's exp is used to upg itself to empress and produce units.
- Queen's exp is gathered by killing enemy units, individual units have no exp.
Fertilized Egg Sac, produces 1 scourge (lvl 0, blade, 2 turns life) or 2 suicide bug (lvl 0, fire 10 dmg, 1 turn life) each turn free of charge. (+1 scourge, +5 explosion damage when Empress in play)
Larvae morphs into these at Queen level:
- lvl 0 Ganglion Carrier (fast, evasive, other lvl 1+ units unable to move unless Ganglion carriers are adjacent)- Scourge (Free)
- lvl 1 Spitter Mite (special, pierce, mucinous acid, can attack two targets, can burrow, jump out when stepped on)
- lvl 1 Claw Bug (offensive, blade, can burrow, jump out when stepped on)
- lvl 1 Splitter (defensive, blade, can burrow, jump out when stepped on, on death splits into 2 mini-bugs that grow into mature splitter if it kills an enemy)
- lvl 1 Skitter (scout, pierce, skirmisher, fast moving, hidden)
- lvl 2 Club Mantis (offensive, impact single strike)
- lvl 2 Dendrothrope (offensive/defensive, pierce, can semi-burrow and use its tentacles to attack, giving it extra protection but less numbers of attack while immobilized)
Larvae morphs into these at Empress level:
- lvl 1 Ground Worm (ignores LOC, can dig behind enemy lines, carries up to 3 lvl 1 units, no attack, dub as ganglion carrier)
- lvl 2 Grenadier Worm (morphed from Ground worm 1 turn, loses digging ability, carries/preserves up to 4 suicide bugs for a massive bombardment- 15x4)
- lvl 2 Malefly (in combat, automatically eats enemy with <10hp to heal self)
- lvl 2 Infestor (produces 2 free scourges while sitting on towns, leaves a mist in town that disables gold production for 2 turns)
- lvl 3 Blood Beatle (armored poison and impact, sucks health during attacks)
- lvl 4 Abomination (armored blade)