mine cart spritework

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Dovolente

Re: mine cart spritework

Post by Dovolente »

I like the mine cart, thanks for sharing it. :)

I'd find a north/south version useful too.
homunculus

Re: mine cart spritework

Post by homunculus »

it seems that there will be some delay before further updates now.
because there are quite a few things i can do with that cart now that take some time but i hope i will manage on my own.
like colorings and calculating the points for n-s facing, etc, and i am getting bit more busy in rl, etc.

and, i am interested in how the cart will be used.
i mean, i imagine the cart could be a unit, and some units like the dwarf miner in sof (which is an awsome sprite imho, and they did carry ore in baskets on the back traditionally, no idea why people might prefer carts to using those miners) could be given an object that adds an attack named 'push cart' and the anim of the attack could be movement anim, and hopefully everything would look very nice exactly as if the unit was really pushing the cart.

and there could also be recolored/palette switched ore in the cart, colors according to the type of ore, which could perhaps also be done with an object that would cause a color change on the unit.

so, how all that would be related to drawing the empty cart would be that some of the dirt color of the empty cart could depend on the ore that was last in the cart.
like after carting coal there should be some black, and after carting iron ore there should be some ocher in the empty cart (the same color modification as done for the ore).

i think that might be a neat little experiment, but the coloring of the empty cart should take that into account.
therefore i wonder how the cart would be used and if i am thinking in the right direction.
campaign ruthless in your nearest 1.11 add-on server
some wesnoth-related drawings