Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
hhyloc
Translator

Re: Aragwaith sprites updated!

Post by hhyloc »

tapik wrote:I think the all four women are beautiful. The right ones are perfect! But I think that the left ones look too childish and they IMHO do not fit with the aragwaith natural.
Maybe because of the head : body ratio? Perhaps shrinking down the head a little?
R.I.P
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

shadowmaster wrote:
johndh wrote:Is that possible in WML to make the unit sometimes use the straw-haired sprite and sometimes the charcoal-haired one? I like them both.
Not yet, at least not in a reasonably elegant manner. Jetrel and I have been planning to implement a better mechanism for randomizing such stuff as hair colors, and he's redesigning certain sprites to make them easier to recolor using this system on run-time.
You can't just have variations and randomly use one of them whenever a unit is recruited? (I've never worked much with variations so I suppose it's probably not that simple)
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Captain_Wrathbow wrote:You can't just have variations and randomly use one of them whenever a unit is recruited? (I've never worked much with variations so I suppose it's probably not that simple)
Yes, that is possible since long ago, but making that work with every suitable unit requires some rather convoluted WML techniques. There's no way to define a unit type with a random variation chosen on recruiting unless there's a WML recruit event to manually do that.

It quickly becomes rather ugly since the implementation of events associated to unit type definitions is already ugly by itself.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

:?
A bitty.

Critics noted and hopeful fixed. I think this one is a bit better now.

Excerpt from the new base frame and the animations.
Now I hope the old halo system stayed the same...
And I must now only get my head around transparent effects. Nothing world breaking aside that I never habe done it before. :mrgreen:
This girl, this boy, They were part of the land. What happens to the places we used to tend?
She's a hard one to trust, And he's a roving ghost. Will you come back, will you come back, Or leave me alone?

-Ghost Fields
Zarel

Post by Zarel »

johndh wrote:As for hair colors, can you do variations? Is that possible in WML to make the unit sometimes use the straw-haired sprite and sometimes the charcoal-haired one? I like them both.
Easiest way: Just declare one of them as female and one of them as male.

Warning: May cause pronoun confusion, but iirc the game rarely uses pronouns to refer to non-hero units.
Proud creator of the :whistle: smiley | I prefer the CC-0 license.
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

Sigh.
+1 to painting +3 to bragging. :mrgreen:

No serious I think I did quite good with this one. I think I got the tough ladies finally right this time.
The package contains the wizzard andsome preliminary halos. Standing ones, which I think are not really perfect and probably need a lot testing.
I still don't know how to make them interact with the animations
The healing ones, well I think they are a bit better.
But I have no clue if they don't work just ignore them. :|
All base animations and a small goodie, but no dieing animations yet. No good idea.
Attachments
Mages.zip
(134.02 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
This girl, this boy, They were part of the land. What happens to the places we used to tend?
She's a hard one to trust, And he's a roving ghost. Will you come back, will you come back, Or leave me alone?

-Ghost Fields
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

wayfarer wrote:Sigh.

No serious I think I did quite good with this one. I think I got the tough ladies finally right this time.
The package contains the wizzard andsome preliminary halos. Standing ones, which I think are not really perfect and probably need a lot testing.
All base animations and a small goodie, but no dieing animations yet. No good idea.
The healing animation works, the standing animation doesn't.
But, great work. If you don't mind, I have coded the mage and spearman.
Attachments
mage+spear.zip
(3.36 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

If I remember correctly they also appear in the Extendet Era (although it seems as if IftU tookpart in EE-both feature Chaos, Steppe Orcs, Aragwaithi and the fairies replacing the rebells' mages...)
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

LightFighter wrote:
wayfarer wrote:Sigh.

The healing animation works, the standing animation doesn't.
But, great work. If you don't mind, I have coded the mage and spearman.
Thanks greatly appreciated I'll use it for test purposes. ;)

-Ghost Fields
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

Old one while with a nice cape wasn't that great. Took me quite a bit.
So finally all lvl one patched up. Animations will follow soon if none speaks up.

-Ghost Fields
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Is that the Swordsman? Why is carrying a dagger and not a sword (at least to my point of view)
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
em3

Post by em3 »

The dynamic pose, long sword and cool cape were the things I liked the most in the Aragwaith faction. :cry:
ride on shooting star
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

wayfarer wrote:Image

Old one while with a nice cape wasn't that great. Took me quite a bit.
So finally all lvl one patched up. Animations will follow soon if none speaks up.
THis one looks more like an assasin and less like a soldier. I tested it in-game, and I liked the old pose better.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

Learn and adept.
I'm a bit suprised about the reactions but actual why not. :)

Still with scarf I like the ambivalent feeling.
We'll if there is a really strong disagreement about it.

-Ghost Fields
Reepurr

Post by Reepurr »

What's with his left arm? It looks like he's stretching it out to reach something... :?
"What do you mean, "a dwarvish dragonguard with marksman is overpowered"?"

Story of a Drake Outcast | The Nonsense Era
Played HttT-Underground Channels? Thought it was rubbish? Help us develop it here!