Aragwaith art thread

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
IPS

Re: Aragwaith art thread

Post by IPS »

wayfarer wrote:So some quick fixes(Artcher, Swordman) and a huge patch of frames for the warlock.
New Base frames:

Pikeman all lvl 2s will share these shield, at least those who carry one.

The Flagbearer

And Wizzard. The hood is optional, the flute not.

Well feedback as usual is appreciated.:mrgreen:

I was observing every sprite, and I think the Wizzard needs a little of aditional work. The lv1 of the Wizzards seems really good, but the lv2 lies a bit more raw. The Wizzard does like a lv1.3 unit, not at all a lv2.

The others Sprites I think are ok.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

Much input well I have tried to work it all in.
Small explanation all lvl 2s will gets some chainmail the plates will be reserved for lvl 3s. The nature of the texture makes the shading a bit trickier. So bear with me.
As is it tricky to work out the small and tiny details at this size. I'll probably need more than one try. :whistle:

For the capes well If I really get around making facing frames I need at least some units without capes on the back to distuingish the units a bit from each other or else if you start in the south all you can see you will see a huge wall of green.

ImageImageImage

I will probably still push some stuff around for these guys but I think I'm getting there and thanks for the feedback much appreciated.
This girl, this boy, They were part of the land. What happens to the places we used to tend?
She's a hard one to trust, And he's a roving ghost. Will you come back, will you come back, Or leave me alone?

-Ghost Fields
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

wayfarer wrote:Much input well I have tried to work it all in.
Small explanation all lvl 2s will gets some chainmail the plates will be reserved for lvl 3s. The nature of the texture makes the shading a bit trickier. So bear with me.
As is it tricky to work out the small and tiny details at this size. I'll probably need more than one try. :whistle:

For the capes well If I really get around making facing frames I need at least some units without capes on the back to distuingish the units a bit from each other or else if you start in the south all you can see you will see a huge wall of green.

ImageImageImage

I will probably still push some stuff around for these guys but I think I'm getting there and thanks for the feedback much appreciated.
I still do't really like the pikeman's shield. It is balck, which contradics the nobleness of the Aragwaithi, and it isn't distinguishable enough.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
em3

Post by em3 »

Black looks great with silver and is as noble as any other color... :annoyed:
ride on shooting star
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

Indeed, just because you view black as ignoble, doesn't mean the Aragwaith must share your views.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
johndh

Post by johndh »

If it's not distinguishable enough, putting a border around the edge might help.
It's spelled "definitely", not "definately". "Defiantly" is a different word entirely.
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

The mage bugged me a lot.
Image Image

Both Versions are included in the zip, and both are equal animated for now. Pick either the on or the other.
Would be cool if variations for units would be possible but meh you can't have everything.
Attachments
I_1.zip
(146.8 KiB) Downloaded 257 times
This girl, this boy, They were part of the land. What happens to the places we used to tend?
She's a hard one to trust, And he's a roving ghost. Will you come back, will you come back, Or leave me alone?

-Ghost Fields
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

wayfarer wrote:The mage bugged me a lot.
Image Image

Both Versions are included in the zip, and both are equal animated for now. Pick either the on or the other.
Would be cool if variations for units would be possible but meh you can't have everything.
Code's coming up.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

Thanks.

Not to sure about the hair color. :/
I probably will port it back to the lvl1.
On the plus side Flagbearer finished at least basicly and small touch up of the spearman.
Attachments
Flagbearer.zip
(71.64 KiB) Downloaded 226 times

-Ghost Fields
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

About the hair, it makes him look old. Maybe blonde is better, as the old aragwaithi all looked like old men.
Tet

Post by Tet »

I really like the faction, the sprites and the general design.

I do have a question: Where does the ancient banner fits in in the current unit files?
Is it a regular advancement?
My Temple Project: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=29800
This is "must-play" campaign! Don´t read the thread, unless you need help. http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31895
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

Tet wrote:I really like the faction, the sprites and the general design.

I do have a question: Where does the ancient banner fits in in the current unit files?
Is it a regular advancement?
It is a campaign-specific unit, maybe I could fit it in. However, this makes them a bit too much loyalists-like...
And, I'm releasing the faction as a part of my Settlers of Light add-on on 1.9. So, have fun, 1.9 users!
Tet

Post by Tet »

I liked settlers of light, but there was this big save game error, so I had to stop.
My Temple Project: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=29800
This is "must-play" campaign! Don´t read the thread, unless you need help. http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31895
szopen

Post by szopen »

wayfarer wrote:Thanks.

On the plus side Flagbearer finished at least basicly and small touch up of the spearman.
Man, they look sooooo fricking cool now. Even cooler than the last time I saw the guys. I would want to get a full update of Aragwaithi in ANO: where is the most recent pack of them with stats et al?
"Even when the Slav is gay the effort is often evident" -- P. R. RADOSAVLJEVICH
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

szopen wrote:
wayfarer wrote:Thanks.

Man, they look sooooo fricking cool now. Even cooler than the last time I saw the guys. I would want to get a full update of Aragwaithi in ANO: where is the most recent pack of them with stats et al?
It's in my add-on, The Settlers of Light. I didn't commit the Flagbearer yet, because of no computer acces, but the rest is all there. :wink:
(BTW, it's on 1.9)