Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Re: Aragwaith art thread

Post by wayfarer »

Story Time :eng:
Original the Aragwaith originated in a time when Jetryl still worked on his lovely High Elfs and the fact that I stumpled upon some wonderful concept art of the Warhammer Wood Elves.(you can still look them up both)
So my aim was something new. Smaller Unit count that works well together with an highly Individual look.
At that time I wasn't that skilled which didn't stopped me anyways.
At that time Noy jumped on me and made the suggestion that the Aragwaith would fill a gap as a desert faction. For me that would have meant many horses veils and beards. Nothing that I exceled (nor do I particular enjoy) at that given time nor would I would have lived up to my expectations. So I did it my way.
Elvish Pillager came up with a nice set of stats (including the goddamned sand) and the Name anyways and Noyga contributed in the code department. I had my own Ideas for the faction as a whole and I still have but that is the nice stuff about Open Source. Everything is fair game. Other Contributors followed and used them which is much appreciated.

In the end I just want to show now that everyone can do this stuff. Everyone can create it is own faction and I proud myself a bit that some stuff could go mainline while other stuff is a personal milestone. (Swordmaster, Silvershield, Pikeman are personal favorites).

This is a thank you for the guys who enjoyed them commented and helped improving them. I learned some new tricks and I'll put them to use elsewhere for sure.
For the rest I couldn't care less to be frank. I hope you still enjoy it. ^_^

Small group shoot for the fans ;)
Attachments
all_Arag.png
This girl, this boy, They were part of the land. What happens to the places we used to tend?
She's a hard one to trust, And he's a roving ghost. Will you come back, will you come back, Or leave me alone?

-Ghost Fields
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

These are pretty cool looking, any recommended campaigns that utilize them?
szopen

Post by szopen »

taptap wrote:Well, I dunno that was how I remembered those Aragwaithi in Lightfighters campaign probably, though in IftU they were more forest-guys
You are not wrong. Simply they are indeed so cool looking, so many people took them. I took them in 2005 for ANO -- I don't know when Lightfighters and IfTU were created, but i have impression that it was a LOT after my campaign.
"Even when the Slav is gay the effort is often evident" -- P. R. RADOSAVLJEVICH
Kenpachi

Post by Kenpachi »

szopen wrote:
wayfarer wrote:Not that someone actual would read this crap.
Someone :)
Someone else :)
It's always sad to see people burn out
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

Now that they're finished, I'm going to make them all into a standalone faction again. With my tweaks of course.

EDIT: Wayfarer, can you also send me the files for the sorcerer, silver shield, longswordsman, swordsmaster and the shield guard please?
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

bumbadadabum wrote:EDIT: Wayfarer, can you also send me the files for the sorcerer, silver shield, longswordsman, swordsmaster and the shield guard please?
Those three (except for the male variation of the Sorcerer used in IftU and AtS, first used in EE) are in the archive, actually.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

shadowmaster wrote:
bumbadadabum wrote:EDIT: Wayfarer, can you also send me the files for the sorcerer, silver shield, longswordsman, swordsmaster and the shield guard please?
Those three (except for the male variation of the Sorcerer used in IftU and AtS, first used in EE) are in the archive, actually.
Something went wrong with my .rar... I have them now.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

I really appreciate the support. Time to give something back.
Biggest part are some smaller tweaks to the Spearman.

The rest are smaller bits and pieces for all units. Nothing complete though since I want to do it right this time hope you bear with me.
Attachments
New.zip
(335.79 KiB) Downloaded 390 times
This girl, this boy, They were part of the land. What happens to the places we used to tend?
She's a hard one to trust, And he's a roving ghost. Will you come back, will you come back, Or leave me alone?

-Ghost Fields
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

Things to come. :)
I never was satiesfied with the old Longswordman pretty generic so why not something new?
Just testing the waters.
Attachments
Comparison.png
Comparison.png (18.97 KiB) Viewed 5967 times

-Ghost Fields
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

So I am finally patching up some loose ends.
I just want to leave some fixed base frames, some new animations, replaced base sprite and many little changes that l collected over time.
As usual far from finished since my time is limited nowadays. The Guard might get a rework as swell if I finally get to it. Who knows what time brings.
Attachments
_Aragwaith.rar
(1.43 MiB) Downloaded 343 times

-Ghost Fields
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

Welcome back! Unfortunately, I don't have access to a computer at the moment, so I can't look at the sprites right now...
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

Sure I am busy as hell myself so updates might continue to just trickle.

-Ghost Fields
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

wayfarer wrote:Sure I am busy as hell myself so updates might continue to just trickle.
I'm already glad to know you haven't abandoned the Aragwaithi.

Also, I looked at the new sprites, and I must say, I really like the new Longswordsman!
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

I like the pose of the Longswordsman. It's kinda like he knows his one of the best lvl2 units ever, hence the overconfidence and the thumbs up. :D

BTW, wayfarer, some of the Aragwaithi units need to have their team colour tweaked (Try them out at the wesnoth RCX tool). If you don't feel like fixing the issue, you can tell me. I will be happy to do it for you. :)
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

Lord-Knightmare wrote:BTW, wayfarer, some of the Aragwaithi units need to have their team colour tweaked (Try them out at the wesnoth RCX tool). If you don't feel like fixing the issue, you can tell me. I will be happy to do it for you. :)
Not wayfarer, but bleh.
If you really want to do it, feel free to. I haven't gotten around to it yet (I am planning to do it once I have the time), but I wouldn't mind someone else doing it for me.