Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Re: Aragwaith art thread

Post by wayfarer »

I don't intend to just leave them unfinished and thank you.
Sorry if I answer slowly. If you want to tweak them I am all for it and if you do. Please upload the changes here as well. I rework the frames slightly and it would be a pity if I miss the changes.
This girl, this boy, They were part of the land. What happens to the places we used to tend?
She's a hard one to trust, And he's a roving ghost. Will you come back, will you come back, Or leave me alone?

-Ghost Fields
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

wayfarer wrote:I don't intend to just leave them unfinished and thank you.
Sorry if I answer slowly. If you want to tweak them I am all for it and if you do. Please upload the changes here as well. I rework the frames slightly and it would be a pity if I miss the changes.
If you really want to do it, feel free to. I haven't gotten around to it yet (I am planning to do it once I have the time), but I wouldn't mind someone else doing it for me.
I'm busy myself, but I have loads of time nowadays, so I will start on the frames. First up is lvl1s. :mrgreen:
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

Just a tiny update. Got swamped at work.
The Greatbow is work in progress though.
Attachments
Parts.rar
(129.3 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
This girl, this boy, They were part of the land. What happens to the places we used to tend?
She's a hard one to trust, And he's a roving ghost. Will you come back, will you come back, Or leave me alone?

-Ghost Fields
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

The Greatbow looks promising, I can't wait until it's finished. The Silver Shield looks good, I'll get to committing that as soon as I can.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

So another one done still some to go. :whistle:
Within all parts of the Greatbow and an alternate Version without hood who was an experiment but looked good enough.
Attachments
Greatbow.zip
(214.28 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
base.png
base.png (12.41 KiB) Viewed 6056 times

-Ghost Fields
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

I like them.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

I'm messing around with a portrait, I think the armor is lacking in that it could use pauldrons. Any C&C is welcome. I plan to make him much more tattered.
Attachments
aragwaithi_captain.png
aragwaithi_captain.png (218.53 KiB) Viewed 6017 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Crow_T wrote:I'm messing around with a portrait, I think the armor is lacking in that it could use pauldrons. Any C&C is welcome. I plan to make him much more tattered.
The sprites are all in energetic poses and have flying, flowing robes, so it seems strange to me that you give the portrait a boring straight-on perspective. Parts of the metal shading are nice though.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

doofus-01 wrote:The sprites are all in energetic poses and have flying, flowing robes, so it seems strange to me that you give the portrait a boring straight-on perspective. Parts of the metal shading are nice though.
Thanks for the feedback- a couple of points on the pose. This is obviously an older member of the clan, all flashiness has been replaced with a more stoic attitude, but I feel I kept the spirit in the flowing cloak (the plan is to make this 500x500 to fit the whole image in). Also, most times when you see a portrait it is in simple conversation, not in anything overtly emotional. I feel that although these guys look dynamic they are all business, there is little energy left for flash when living a harsh existence in the wilderness. Plus I like the contrast of it ;)

Either way its just for my own fun, I don't expect a whole lot from it, except that it'd be neat to see someone use him in a campaign ^_^
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Either way its just for my own fun, I don't expect a whole lot from it, except that it'd be neat to see someone use him in a campaign ^_^
If I may, I want to use as portrait to a character in my campaign A Song of Fire :-D
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

If I may, I want to use as portrait to a character in my campaign A Song of Fire :-D
Sure thing, I'll keep you updated on new versions :)
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

Personal I always saw them as a kind of Clint Eastwood blend.
Play nice and they'll do the same. If not well you'll see. :mrgreen:

Just my 2 cents. Feel free and have fun as I do. :)

-Ghost Fields
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

Here is an update, still a bit to go and I need to decide on the belt buckle :hmm: Do these guys have any symbolic references that are popular in their culture?
Attachments
aragwaithi_captain2small.png
aragwaithi_captain2small.png (198.65 KiB) Viewed 5700 times
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

Hawks and birds for the ladies. :mrgreen:

-Ghost Fields
haxeth

Post by haxeth »

As I am new here and find lack of Aragwaithi portrait disturbing I just want to post here this guy ([censored] pencil drawning)
Attachments
Aragwaith spearman with gun
Aragwaith spearman with gun