drake fighter complete

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
BLM

Re: drake fighter complete

Post by BLM »

I did not really expected to get this much attentions on this piece. If this is any indication of the number of people interested, I might just change it.
I somehow thought the sprites looked a bit like they had scoops on their hands, so this ended up like this. That is what I get coming back and trying to make something cold turkey I guess. Well, now you have a disgruntled ice cream scooper gone military with his scoops or something.
On that note, I will be busy till Monday with preparing for finals so any changes won't be that soon.
Bawling Little Man...
BLM

Post by BLM »

Blades have been fixed(or rather created).
Attachments
BFW-DF-BladeFix.png
BFW-DF-BladeFix.png (138.97 KiB) Viewed 1516 times
Bawling Little Man...
Tet

Post by Tet »

I really like it. I think it might get close to main quality. So far I think the metal shading is the biggest gap. The contrast appears not to be strong enough for me. I am sure you have seen LordBobs post on metall shading.
My Temple Project: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=29800
This is "must-play" campaign! Don´t read the thread, unless you need help. http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31895
ancestral
Inactive Developer

Post by ancestral »

Unfortunately I think there's still some anatomy issues. When I look at this, I can't help seeing a human body with a drake's head on it, and then some wings attached.
  • Where's his scales?
  • His back left wing looks a bit odd — perhaps not large enough?
  • Your outline strokes on the body seem a bit too thick and thus a bit cartoony
  • His teeth could stand to be a little more pronounced and more menacing
Although they have very different poses, the Sky Drake portrait here is still worth looking to for basis:

Wesnoth BestiaryPREVIEW IT HERE )
Unit tree and stat browser
CanvasPREVIEW IT HERE )
Exp. map viewer