Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
vultraz
Developer

Re: Zero's art

Post by vultraz »

From a skype conversation with zero:

Code: Select all

[4/6/2013 12:45:00 PM] Zero: i get emails in my inbox asking me to join a game project as an artist every month or so on average these days
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

Been kind of busy- made this for fun over the last week or so with someone else's palette. I'm about to finish a bigger for-fun thingy, so expect to see that too in the somewhat-near future.

E: Image
This is a lot closer to my usual preference of colors.
Last edited by Zerovirus on May 12th, 2013, 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

Nicely done! I'm not the largest fan of the palette, but I like the way you did the clothing.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
LordBob
Portrait Director

Post by LordBob »

Aah, it's a shame we don't have sprites of this scale ingame. The things we could do with them... :)
Want to see more of my art ? Visit my portfolio !
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

I think you should all of your created units images put to some resource addon and upload on the wesnoth server. It could be usefull for eras/scenarios/campaigns authors in future.
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

Aah, it's a shame we don't have sprites of this scale ingame. The things we could do with them... :)
Are they much bigger than dragons? I see these big units as higher demons or gods.
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

Unique elf hero dudes. Everyone loves unique elf heroes!
Attachments
elven royal guard.PNG
elven royal guard.PNG (9.41 KiB) Viewed 7939 times
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

Awesome!
I suppose they are free to take?
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

What in the world is up with the legs and feet. You seem to have a propensity for drawing massive legs and tiny feet. And those hips! :shock:
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

These look cool, the one guy's pauldron seems a bit off the shoulder though. I don't mind the small feet, it makes him feel fast although he is all decked out :mrgreen:
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

I really like the top left elf!
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

As heretical as it seems to criticize Zero's work, I think the tiny feet look ridiculous. :?
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

Captain_Wrathbow wrote:As heretical as it seems to criticize Zero's work, I think the tiny feet look ridiculous. :?
I think you are quite right and therefore I have taken steps to mitigate the ridiculousity of the feet. Included in the changes are also the fact that the elf quad-wields longswords now and also has a kickass cape, which after committee review and multiple scientific studies have been determined to bring it closer to realism. Progress!

(but no srsly if you want just franken out the double swords with the original baseframe, that's totally a fine option)

Oh, and there's a bunch of other stuff for those who want it too, some are edited versions of previously posted things and some are new. glhf
Attachments
firelemental.PNG
firelemental.PNG (7.9 KiB) Viewed 7522 times
Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

I honestly can't picture that poor elf on the right being able to move with all that armour, and it'd a bit hard to work out what all the parts are meant to be one that scale.